Scene Stealers: ...And the Rest

VIDEO GAME OF THE YEAR 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'

On this PlayStation 2 modern classic, you can kill prostitutes (like usual), go to the gym to get a prison-sculpted body that would make the cast of "OZ" jealous, recruit a gang and get married (and then cheat on your wife).

MOST LIFE-CHANGING GADGET The iPod

Bono called this the most important musical advancement since the electric guitar. He might have a point here: Walk down the street and all you see are Pod people.

BATTLE ROYALE: CELEBRITY MARRIAGES VS. CELEBRITY BABIES

Celebrity marriages, hands down! The last thing we need is more spoiled celebrity progeny holding us captive with their cute, pampered faces. Until they end up in a police line-up, these brats do nothing for us. But celebrity marriages, and betting on their impeding public bust-up, provide us with endless entertainment. Thanks Britney!

BEST COMEDIAN David Cross

The Georgia-born comedian of "Mr. Show" (a sketch comedy series on HBO with Bob Odenkirk during the mid-to-late '90s) has been well-known in geek circles for years, but 2004 has been his breakout year. With the role of Tobias Funke on Fox's genius sitcom "Arrested Development," appearances on "Celebrity Poker" (hey, he's actually good at poker) and his new stand-up CD "It's Not Funny," Cross brings his sarcastic and razor-sharp humor to the masses.

BEST PUNDIT John Stewart

"The Daily Show" host is paying closer attention to the double-speak and pandering of politicians than heavyweights like Rather, Jennings and Brokaw. Leaders: Tune in to see how ridiculous you really are..