Out of Context

"Nobody puts baby in the corner."

- Patrick Swayze in "Dirty Dancing." The quotation is No. 2 in a British poll of the 100 cheesiest moments in movie history. See last Out of Context brief.

-

Everyone's favorite Jamba Juice employee, Rodney, was fired last week. Since then, AU students have rallied to bring back Rodney, the lanky number-caller behind the counter in the Tavern. A group on thefacebook called "Bring Back Rodney" was formed recently. Here's what the group description reads: "That wonderful trademark voice was brutally silenced on a cold, December evening, as Jamba-master Rodney got involved in a physical confrontation with a fellow Tavern employee. He was fired soon after. Jamba Juice will never taste the same again. Rodney was nothing less than a God." The group has 94 members. Jamba-inspired T-shirts that say "Bring back Rodney" are also available at cafepress.com.

-

Talk about unusual ways to spread holiday cheer. An 8-year-old girl was suspended from school for nine days for bringing what appeared to be 30 Jell-O shots into her New Orleans school classroom, according to Netscape News. The student said her mother, who works in a bar, told her to bring the shots to school and sell them, three for a $1, to make some extra money for Christmas. Although officials aren't sure whether or not the shots actually contained alcohol, at least the little girl isn't handing out steroids. Use Bill Cosby as a role model over Jason Giambi any day.

-

Vatican leaders are enraged at a new exhibit at Madame Toussauds wax museum in London that features statues David Beckham and Posh Spice as Joseph and Mary, and Tony Blair, George Bush and the Duke of Edinborough as the Three Wise Men, according to CNN.com. While Posh Spice is clearly the most awesome Spice Girl and David Beckham makes a great Joseph, Bush as a wise man? The cattle are lowing.

-

The Lohan Report: If she's still sick of rumors startin', Lindsay Lohan is not going to like this. After her television singing debut to promote her first album, "Speak," on "Good Morning America" Monday, the switchboards lit up with calls accusing the Lohan of lip-synching. One caller even dissed the Lohan by saying the "singer" did "a woeful job of lip-synching her way through two mind-numbingly generic Britney Spears/Ashlee cast-offs." Ouch. This further proves that the Lohan can't top the Duff, and it might be time for this "Mean Girl" to do an Ashlee and square dance her way out of the spotlight before any more embarrassments.

-

British baker Warburton's, in order to promote their new cheese-flavored crumpets, tabulated the top 100 cheesiest movie lines based on the responses of 2,000 Brits. "I'm the king of the world!" from "Titanic" topped the list, which was released Monday. Robbed of the top spot was: "You taught me how to live outside of the game. You taught me how to live. And you know what scares me even more? That I'm going back in. 'Forgive me, Ben. Put me back in the game. I'll make you like me again! I'll do the work, I'll do all the work, just put me back in the game!' And you wanna know, you wanna know the psychology behind this? Now, pay attention, cause I'm good at this. I'm trying not to say goodbye to you. I'm trying not to say I'll miss you. I'm trying to forget you. Ethan Powell, case closed. Case closed." This is Cuba Gooding Jr. to Anthony Hopkins in "Instinct." That movie was the best movie about gorillas since "Mighty Joe Young."

weekend@theeagleonline.com