Hot spots to watch states swing

While most people will be sitting at home glued to their television sets on the night of the election, a few places in the District are hosting special events. From a live audio-visual remix of election coverage at the Black Cat to drink specials at the Front Page, there are plenty of pow-wows to appeal to anyone interested in venturing away from the TV.

9:30 club 815 V St. NW Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 Election Night Viewing Party with very special guests Bob Mould and Poem-Cees - watch the election results on the big screen. The event is presented by WHFS radio station, Rock the Vote and 18th Street Media. Visit www.930.com for more details.

Black Cat 1811 14th St. NW 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 Election Night Remix: This event features a live audiovisual remix of the election-night results. Performers include DJ Spooky, Noskilz Sound, Video Syndicate and Randall Packer of "US Department of Art and Technology" and "Media Deconstruction Kit." Visit www.blackcatdc.com for more details.

The Front Page Restaurant & Grille 1333 New Hampshire Ave. NW Happy hour 4-7 p.m., $3 bottles of Samuel Adams Lite This AU favorite features its typical Tuesday specials and will play continuous election coverage. Instead of music, the televisions' sound will be turned on. Visit www.frontpagerestaurant.com for more details.

Blue Gin 1206 Wisconsin Ave. NW The Young Republicans are hosting a "victory party" at this upscale lounge in Georgetown. Visit www.bluegindc.com for more details.

Tequila Grill 1990 K St. NW 7:30 p.m. $10 if tickets are purchased before 5 p.m. Tuesday. $12 at the door The Tequila Grill doesn't care who you vote for, as long as you come out and watch the election on its big-screen televisions and enjoy numerous drink and appetizer specials. Visit www.dcyoungpro.com for more details.

MCCXXIII 1223 Connecticut Ave. NW Doors open at 9 p.m. $25 for general admission, $50 includes access to an open bar and free food, and $75 guarantees access to a private area and yet-to-be-announced celebrities. This is one of the biggest election-night parties, and is sponsored by Rock the Vote. Visit www.electionnite.com to purchase tickets in advance.

And If You Want to Ignore the Election in a Bubble of Blissful Ignorance...

Have no fear - there are places in Washington to escape the election altogether. Take heart in these havens of apathy:

Babe's Billiards Caf? 4600 Wisconsin Ave. NW This local hangout isn't doing anything special on election night. Enjoy a Bush and Kerry-free atmosphere, complete with cheap beer and plenty of pool tables.

Kelly's Irish Times Pub 14 F St. NW Although it's located right around Capitol Hill, Irish Times doesn't plan on hosting any special election coverage. This means that no Young Republicans or Democrats will be anywhere in sight, guaranteeing a politics-free night.

Hawk and Dove 329 Pennsylvania Ave. SE This bar is also located near Capitol Hill, but like Irish Times, it promises that nothing out of the ordinary will occur on Tuesday night.

Brickskeller 1523 22nd St. NW This Dupont Circle hotspot assures that "absolutely nothing" will be taking place there on election night. This is a prime time to go sample the restaurant's impressive selection of beers from around the world, free of politically minded patrons.