Halloween Horrors

With the leaves turning and plummeting temperatures forcing students to unearth winter jackets, it's hard to gather the motivation to leave campus. But Halloween is just around the corner, and there's a plethora of events taking place around the District this week. Here are some of the events:

Alexandria's Footsteps to the Past Every day Tickets are $4 - $5

Take a walk through Old Town, Alexandria and find out about its ghostly past. The tours run every night all year. Visit www.footstepstothepast.com for more information.

Air and Scare Night Thursday at 7 p.m. Free, but tickets are required Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater - National Air & Space Museum, 6th Street and Independence Avenue SW.

First, a museum curator talks about the disappearance of an American B-24 bomber in 1943 that was later found in the Sahara Desert. There will be a screening of the 1969 film about the bomber after the talk.

5th Annual Nightmare on M Street Saturday, 5-10 p.m. $10 with a costume, $13 without one

This bar crawl features a ton of bars, including Madhatter, Recessions, Sign of the Whale and The Front Page. You can register at either The Front Page or Rumours.

Halloween Costume Party Saturday at 11 p.m. Troika $15 1319 F St. NW

Its Web site calls the club event "The Hottest European Night in D.C.," and is hosting a Halloween party. Visit www.troikaparty.com for more details.

Corn Maze at Kidwell Farm Every day Free admission Frying Pan Park 2709 West Ox Rd., Herndon, Va.

Does this sound at all like "The Shining"? If mazes aren't for you, check out the homemade food and other attractions at this park.

Fright Fest Friday, 5-10 p.m. Admission price varies Six Flags America 13710 Central Ave. Largo, Md.

At nightfall, this usually happy amusement park becomes a maze of twisted, gory characters and attractions. While Fright Fest may have seemed scarier to you 10 years ago, it's still worth it to check out the rest of the park's attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.