The Hit List

1. The Seinfeld revival

Everyone's favorite show about everything and nothing has always triumphed in syndication, but now comes a fresh taste: The first three seasons of "Seinfeld" will be available on DVD Nov. 23 and a special one-hour retrospective called "The 'Seinfeld' Story" will air Nov. 25, featuring new interviews with the cast. Until then, serenity now!

2. Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant

If you've got that paycheck in hand, consider it well spent on a fine dinner at Gordon Biersch, where the food is choice and the beer is birthed on the premises. Second only to the food is the atmosphere, which is heightened by an expansive oak bar and the gorgeous interior of the converted Riggs Bank Building. 900 F St. NW, Metro: Gallery Place-Chinatown.

3. Hedwig and the Angry Inch

This rock musical odyssey got about an eighth of the attention it deserved when it was released in theaters in 2001. Written, directed and starring the transcendent John Cameron Mitchell, "Hedwig" tells the hilarious and moving story of a transvestite rock star, and includes a killer original song score by Stephen Trask. Screens at midnight Friday and Saturday at the E Street Cinema. 555 11th St. NW, Metro Center.

4. The Libertines' 'The Libertines'

These pub-punks' recent outing has accomplished what New Music Express darlings the Strokes and Interpol could not: create a sophomore record that doesn't dissapoint. The band will go on (for now), while estranged guitarist Pete Doherty battles heroin and crack addictions of "Reqiuem for a Dream" proportions on his own. See them at the 9:30 club on Oct. 19. It could be your only chance.

5. Glen Echo Park

This park, which is only slightly creepy on a sunny day, is downright scary when it's darker out. From the huge, old carousel to the empty vendor booths, Glen Echo could provide the setting to a horror movie. Despite it's ominous atmosphere, the woods around it are beautiful and serve as a great picnic spot. Ride bus #29 from the Friendship Heights Metro station to MacArthur Boulevard.

-Compiled by The Scene staff.