10 Under $10

A sampling of ware from the Georgetown Flea Market that is within the college budget

While some items at the Georgetown Flea Market lean toward the pricier side, bargains can be found. Here are 10 items at the market under $10:

1. "Psycho" VHS, $6.95 - This classic horror film is just one of many new and used videos offered at cheap prices.

2. blink-182, "Enema of the State," $9.95 - Remember when blink-182 was considered cool? Pick up this C.D. and reminisce about those good old days.

3. Antique post cards, $3 each or two for $5 - Rifle through the large bins of postcards to find some from all 50 states and some foreign countries. Put some of these postcards up to add a unique touch to dorm room walls.

4. Vintage beaded necklace, $4 - There are so many bins filled with these funky necklaces that it's hard to decide which one to choose. Some are hideous, while others are gaudy, in a good way.

5. Vintage campaign buttons, $3 - Forget Bush or Kerry buttons; look extra-hip by sporting a "Re-elect Carter-Mondale in '80" button.

6. Assorted framed pictures, $3 - These framed pictures hold all kinds of artwork, from woodcuttings to embroidered flowers. They look a little bit classier than the typical beer-related posters that most college students hang up on their walls.

7. Vintage Bugs Bunny stuffed animal, $1 - Forget that favorite childhood stuffed animal at home? This Bugs Bunny figure is a good replacement for it, as long as it's washed first, as the stuffed animals are lined up on the ground.

8. Vintage cigar box labels, $8 - While these may not sound cool, they actually are. The labels feature colorful pictures that add a bit of flair to the white cinderblock walls in the dorms.

9. "Gardening for Hong Kong" vintage book, $8 - Sure, no one would buy a modern book like this, but the fact that it's antique makes this gardening book kitschy and cool, in its own way.

10. Antique maps, from $7.50 - With a wide assortment of maps from every country, it's nearly impossible not to find something at this stand. These are perfect for students who have just returned from studying abroad and want turn their rooms into shrines to the countries they visited.