AU collegiate dictionary

Each college has its own set of slang words. Whether the words make fun of buildings on campus or are simply abbreviated versions of names, they're used by all. It's easy to pick AU slang, but here's a helpful guide:

The Breast n. (the brehst): Campus convenience store officially called the Eagle's Nest, but better known amongst students by its nickname.

Chipotle n. (chih-poht-lay): A Mexican fast-food restaurant located on Wisconsin Avenue, near the Tenley campus shuttle stop. It's very popular with AU students.

Teeder n. (tee-dehr): a slang term for the Terrace Dining Room that's way cooler than saying TDR.

The Max n. (the maks): Also referred to as "the Tavern," but often mistaken for "Saved by the Bell's" local hangout due to its gaudy decor.

The Grassy Knoll n. (the grass-ee nole): The section of grass near the SIS annex on the walk to the Mary Graydon Center from the South side of campus; popular sun-tanning spot for AU students.

Quad rat n. (kwahd rat): A person who frequents the Letts-Anderson Quad; can usually be seen smoking a cigarette or people-watching.

Dog Park n. (dawg pahrk): Slang term for the section of Rock Creek Park located off of Nebraska Ave.

Tenley Brand n. (ten-lee brand): Cheap brand of liquor popular with AU students.

The Letto n. (the leht-toh): Letts Residence Hall, Anderson's trashy twin.

Dorm storm n. (doorm stoorm): Term for choosing partying in the dorms over going out.