Ten under $10 - exploring D.C.

1. Find all 150 panda sculptures (free). For the less adventurous, all 150 pandas' locations are available at www.pandamaniadc.org.

2. Open mic comedy night (free) every Monday at Soho Tea and Coffee House, 2150 P St. Whether performing or just observing, this venue has become a staple of local stand-up.

3. Tidal Basin Paddle Boats ($8 per hour). Rent paddle boats from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily and paddle past D.C.'s famous cherry trees and the Jefferson Memorial.

4. Theme nights at the Black Cat ($5-$8). Dance along with hipsters at one or all of the Black Cat's dance nights. Popular favorites at this club include: '80s alt-pop dance night, indie-pop dance night, '60s garage and soul, and Brit-pop dance night. For a full schedule of concerts and events, visit www.blackcatdc.com.

5. Midnight viewing of Donnie Darko ($5 on Fridays; $10, 21 and over Saturday). Catch this contemporary classic at Visions Cinema, 1927 Florida Ave. While Visions hosts a variety of cult and underground movies throughout the week, midnights on Saturday are particularly popular because the price of a ticket allows customers to a keg at the back of the theater. For schedules see www.visionsdc.com.

6. Author talks (free) at Politics and Prose Bookstore and Coffeehouse, 5015 Connecticut Ave. This is a great place to buy books, hear guest speakers (almost every night) or to just look like an intellectual.

7. HR-57 live jam sessions Wednesday through Saturday (free). This club, at 1610 14th St., is particularly popular for its rules about bringing outside drinks into the club. (They allow it.)

8. Club Five Dance Club ($5-$10). At 1214-B 18th St. do whatever the kids like to do at these kinds of dance clubs. The venue hosts events every Wednesday and Thursday, and two events Fridays and Saturdays. Visit www.fivedc.com for more information.

9. The Frazer Gallery (free). This art gallery regularly hosts a variety of contemporary art exhibits. The gallery, at 7700 Wisconsin Ave., will show the particularly well-received "Contemporary Photography Exhibit," by James W. Bailey and Elsa Mora through July 7.

10. Brickskeller (free entrance). For those over 21who are not interested in any of these exciting, interesting, culturally enriching options, head over to the Brickskeller at 1523 22nd St., a popular bar in Dupont Circle. This bar is famous for offering a selection of more than 1,000 different beers from around the world.