Summer music gigs aplenty

1. Vans Warped Tour will hit the parking lot of D.C.'s Nissan Pavilion on Aug. 4 for its 10th year. This year's tour includes New Found Glory, Simple Plan, Bad Religion, Lars Fredrickson and the Bastards and Coheed and Cambria, as well as dozens more. The tour features two rotating mainstages, a variety of smaller stages, skateboarding and motocross, hundreds of vendor booths, and the promise of dehydration and a sunburn. For more information and a complete list of bands, visit www.warpedtour.com.

2. The much more hardcore Ozzfest will also be coming to the Nissan Pavilion on July 18. The tour, led by Ozzy Osbourne, features bands like Slayer, Slipknot, Judas Priest and Hatebreed. The tour offers two stages with over 10 national acts. For more information, visit www.ozzfest.com.

3. Projekt Revolution, one of the summer's more eclectic tours, will visit the Nissan Pavilion on Aug. 10. The tour features Snoop Dogg, Linkin Park, Korn, the Used and Less Than Jake. For more information, visit www.projektrevolution.com.

4. Madonna will return to D.C. on June 14, bringing her summer "Reinvention Tour" to the MCI Center. Despite the fact that Madonna is such a big-name celebrity, this show has not sold out. This isn't surprising, considering that tickets range from $48 for nosebleed heaven to $303 for anywhere on the floor. Those aren't scalper prices either; they are Ticketmaster's.

5. For those with shallower pockets and more taste for jam rock, the Dave Matthews Band will make their annual pilgrimage to D.C. on July 14 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. Official Ticketmaster prices range from $39 for general admission (on the lawn) to $56.50 for the first five rows of pavilion seating.

6. Van Halen is making a comeback with a reunion tour featuring ex-frontman Sammy Hagar. Banking on the hope that what's old is new again, Van Halen will play the MCI Center June 23. Prices for those tickets range from $57 to $96 for all areas of seating.

7. This year's Lollapalooza lineup stays true to the festival's history: book as many totally awesome, bomb-ass bands as possible. The festival now lands two nights in every city. This year's headliners are Morrissey, the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth. Also on board are Le Tigre, PJ Harvey, Modest Mouse, the Polyphonic Spree, Gomez and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Perry Farrell's tour has had more eclectic lineups in the past, from Pavement to George Clinton and A Tribe Called Quest. More acts are still being announced, and a few hip-hoppers are sure to come. Don't miss this one, anglophiles - it could be your only chance to see Morrissey. The national tour kicks off on July 14th in Washington state's White River Amphitheatre. Stay tuned while the rest of the dates and ticket prices are announced.