Music News

Liz Phair song inspired by AU sophomore Gives new meaning to songs AU sophomore Matthew Putraj has come forward and declared himself the main influence on Liz Phair's latest record. "After her gig last year at the 9:30 club, I brought her back to Anderson," Putraj claimed. "You can hear the rest on her new record, especially on the songs 'HWC' and 'Rock Me,' where she sings about facials and playing Xbox on my floor."

Jack White attacks Kermit the Frog After a vicious rampage of attacks toward Dolf de Datsun and Jason Stollsteimer, Jack White has targeted Kermit the Frog. On the set of an IHOP commercial starring the Muppets, White stormed in, spit in Kermit's face and repeatedly punched him. Miss Piggie soon came to Kermit's defense, employing her famous karate skills, but one frightened onlooker commented, "A seven-nation army couldn't even have held White back."

Strokes become boy band New York garage rock band the Strokes have hooked up with choreographer Wade Robinson of Britney Spears and 'N Sync fame for their latest music video for the pop single "I Want U (Hold On to my Smelly Coat)." Of the departure, lead singer Julian Casablancas said, "It was really hard to learn all of the new dance steps. There is this really awesome part where we all trade cigarettes and smoke and s---. At first I thought dancing groups suck, but this is way harder than using all of our parents' money to record albums."

Bright Eyes cries on new LP Conor Oberst took his self-professed depression issues to the next level while weeping uncontrollably on the hidden track on his latest LP, "My Heart Hurts: You Break It, You Buy It."

R. Kelly acquitted in child porn case R&B superstar R. Kelly has been found not guilty on charges that he had sex with underage girls. Still wearing his Pied Piper mask that he refused to remove, Kelly had begged on the stand, "I'm innocent. Just listen to 'Remix to Ignition,' could a sex offender write a song that good?" Kelly's jury reportedly deliberated until 6 in the morning.

Chris Carrabba admits he's totally whack The lead singer and songwriter of Dashboard Confessional, Chris Carrabba, has realized how lame he is. "It all just hit me when I was browsing the racks at Hot Topic, trying to decide between the spiky armband and the black hair dye," admitted Carrabba. "This frat boy came up to me, saying, 'Dude, you totally rock.' And I thought to myself, 'I am so whack."