Film: 'Johnson Family Vacation'

Humor takes a holiday

There are two kinds of bad movies. The bad movies that you can laugh at their ridiculousness (flicks like "Gigli," "Bones" and anything starring Ice-T), and the bad movies that are so awful, you can't even make fun of them. "Johnson Family Vacation" falls in the latter category.

From the opening lines to the closing credits, "Johnson Family Vacation" is a catastrophe. The film is littered with piss-poor acting, boring "comedy" and incoherent plotlines. Not even half of "The Kings of Comedy" Cedric the Entertainer and Steve Harvey - -could save the sinking ship of "Johnson Family Vacation." Turns out, Cedric and Harvey aren't funny when they don't curse or get dirty.

Cedric and his family are traveling to Missouri for an annual family reunion/competition. Harvey plays Cedric's brother, who is the reigning family reunion victor.

Also on board is Bow Wow, who dropped the "Lil'" prefix when his balls dropped, and Solange Knowles. Knowles displays her deep acting range with complex emotions ranging from being Beyonce's sister, to, uh, being Beyonce's sister. Bow Wow is perhaps the most annoying actor in the flick, namely because of his over-the-top antics in which he thinks he's hilarious, but his attempt at jokes are pathetic.

The film is also loaded with unnecessary product placement with Lincoln cars (did you know the Navigator comfortably seats eight?), Pepsi and Hostess Cupcakes.

Shannon Elizabeth (more known for her roles involving nudity) makes a brief, stupid appearance as a crazy hitchhiker with a pet alligator, which later attacks Cedric. Cedric and his family go nuts. Of course, this is supposed to be comical to watch. She leaves a pipe in the car, which leads to the family's detainment and proves to be just another kooky obstacle in the path of the Johnson family.

The youngest daughter, played by Gabby Soleil of "The Hughleys," has an imaginary dog that is constantly running away, which, like everything else in this movie, serves no benefit to the original plot.

"Johnson Family Vacation" is essentially a black version of the "National Lampoon's Vacation" films, except for one imperative flaw: The series starring Chevy Chase was somewhat funny, whereas this version is just painful.