Entertainment News

Affleck shakes off bad reviews Insists 'Gigli' was excellent Hollywood super-hunk Ben Affleck announced in a recent statement that critics were unfairly targeting him, citing negative reviews for his latest film, "Jersey Girl." Affleck also stated he doesn't regret starring alongside J. Lo in the bomb of the century, "Gigli." "Those critics are just mean," Affleck declared. "I am so awesome in 'Jersey Girl.' And as for 'Gigli,' I really think that film is a timeless story. Boy kidnaps a mentally challenged young man, boy meets lesbian, boy falls in love with lesbian, boy yells at the mentally challenged man to 'not be retarded,' boy has sex with lesbian after lesbian's ex attempts suicide. I mean, I'm the bull. I don't see why these critics can't see that. I'm the bull and they're the cow. They better get off my ass, or I'll show them the horn, because I'm the bull. I'm the bull. They don't believe me, but I've got the horn. That makes me the bull. They're the cow. I'm the bull."

Ren?e Zellwegger's face implodes Ren?e Zellwegger, recent Oscar-winner for her role in "Cold Mountain," was rushed to the hospital after suffering a serious injury to her face. The Hollywood starlet's famous mug was distorted beyond repair, according to paramedics, after it imploded while she was filming the latest sequel to "Bridget Jones' Diary."

George Lucas plans new special edition of 'Star Wars' Filmmaker George Lucas has set in motion plans for a brand-new special edition of the original "Star Wars" trilogy. This time, Lucas has ensured that every aspect of the original film has been taken out, with only computer-generated versions of thousands of dewbacks remaining. Lucas insisted that these changes only enhanced the films.

"What people really want to see is special effects, and lots of it," Lucas explained. "I would much rather see dewbacks than anything else I could ever imagine, so everyone else must feel the same way."

Tim Burton plans remake of own film Following director Tim Burton's announcement to remake "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and his 2001 remake of "Planet of the Apes" Burton declared he was planning to remake his own 1990 film, "Edward Scissorhands." "After I made the 'Planet of the Apes,' I realized how fun it was to ruin the good names of classic films," Burton said. "I figured, why not do it with my own movie? I am thinking that for this version, Edward is going live with a wacky urban family, with Bernie Mac as the dad and Nick Cannon his son. Steve Harvey can show up somewhere in there too. Edward can cut his hair"