Top 10 Rejected AU Sports Slogans
Looking around the NCAA sports world, it's clear that AU lacks something that so many successful sports programs have. A slogan. Kansas fans rally around "rock chalk Jayhawk." Penn State and Alabama students echo cries of "We are Penn State" and "Roll Tide," respectively. Army has the single-minded "Go Army, beat Navy," and Virginia Tech has the onomatopoeic "Hokie Hi Hi Hokie Hokie Hee." We haven't come up with a good one for AU yet, but here are the top 10 slogans we've thought up and discarded.
1. AU: Chastised by the Patriot League for having fans.
2. AU: Now with 100 percent more athletic director!
3. AU: Undefeated in football for 50 years running.
4. AU: We gave the world Gary Williams. So, can we have him back, please?
5. AU: As a matter of fact, yes we do have a Field Hockey team.
6. AU: At the top of the list of Washington athletic programs, if you list them alphabetically.
7. AU: Because Georgetown sucks.
8. AU: Who needs scholarships when we can have a sweet scoreboard above the pool?
9. AU: We don't have a boxing program, but we did unleash Kermit Washington on the NBA.
10. AU: Maybe we'd finally fill Bender if we renamed the team the Dashboard Confessionals.
This is compiled for every Thursday edition by the Eagle Sports staff. Have a Countdown idea? E-mail it to: Sports@TheEagleOnline.com.