Web exclusive: Cross Country runs past NCAAs

Cross-country makes assertive appearance at Regional

The Men's and Women's Cross Country teams made their presence felt at the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional on Saturday, Nov. 15 in Lock Haven, Pa.

The Men's side finished fourth overall with senior Matt Seymour leading the way. He finished first for the Eagles placing tenth overall with a time of 30:53.

Juniors Pat MacAdie and Sean Duffy completed the race within ten seconds of Seymour placing twelfth and fifteenth overall. Sophomore Philip Gaeta came in next taking the 27th spot with junior Danny Maurer placing close behind in 31st. Sophomore Pat Burford rounded out the Eagles attack in 47th.

Sophomore Keira Carlstrom led the Lady Eagles to a seventh place finish, while she captured third place overall. Her time of 20:08 was only six seconds behind the first place finisher.

Freshman Kelley Taylor finished with a time of 21:21, which gave her the 22nd spot. Sophomore Zaia Wharton and juniors Whitney McNees and Jessica Daniel rounded out the team placing 54th, 56th and 124th, respectively.

The Eagles next head to Cedar Falls, Iowa for the NCAA Cross Country Championships on Monday, Nov. 24.