Top 10 'Best Buys' under $10

1. Mouse pad Cheer up your desk with images of a manic anthropomorphic sponge or a talking Great Dane. Or you could just buy the plain blue one, Mr. Boring. $3.99 to $9.99

2. 3M Screen and Keyboard Cleaner Each pack comes with six anti-static wipes, an applicator and a spray bottle. The warning on the case: "Danger! Flammable vapors and liquid!" lets you know it's powerful. $9.99

3.Memorex Black CD-Rs (10 pack) If regular white and gray CDs have gotten too boring for you, try these. They're black. $8.99

4. 74Lowepro Digital Camera Pouches Most digital cameras today aren't as durable as they should be - drop them on concrete a couple times and pieces start to fall off. Keep your pieces in place with one of these pouches. $6.99 and up

5. Belkin Surge Protector Explosions and sparks are cool to watch, but not if they're shooting out of your new laptop. Belkin guarantees its surge protector up to 36,500 amps - if it fails, they'll replace your damaged electronics. $9.99

6. Canon Solar Calculator It's been a long time since you memorized your times tables, so it can't hurt to have this little electronic fellow stuffed in your pocket. At three bucks, how can you lose? $2.99

7. Caselogic 32-CD Jacket CD jewel cases are unwieldy, but the minute CDs are removed from their cases, they seem to become scratch-attracting magnets. Avoid both problems with this convenient, durable case. $9.99

8.DVD "Classics" The American movie industry has produced some gems over the years, and now you can own them all on the cheap - but don't delay. Copies of "Joe Dirt" and "Waterworld" are selling out as you read this. $5.99 to $9.99

9.Duracell AA's (8 Pack) Keep your music playing, camera clicking and flashlight shining for another couple weeks. $7.99

10. Photo Paper (Kodak, Canon, and HP) With a high-end printer and a sheet of this pricey paper, a great digital photo can easily be turned into, well, a mediocre print. At least it's shiny. $5.99 and up