Sunday, June 23, 2024

Ladies finish perfect in PL

From the Eagle Sports Desk: Field Hockey

It was a perfect ending to a perfect regular season for the Field Hockey team, as they end the regular season with an undefeated record in the Patriot League and a 13-4 record overall. Senior Melissa Snyder led her team to a 3-2 victory at Bucknell Saturday, Nov. 1, collecting two goals and one assist. Snyder gave her team an early lead when she scored the first and only goal of the first half off a save from a penalty corner with 16:50 remaining. Then, five minutes into the second half Snyder struck again, putting the Eagles up with a two-goal advantage. But the Bison answered back just three minutes after Snyder's goal off a penalty corner. Shortly after, Bucknell tied the game off a breakaway shot. This did not sit well with the Lady Eagles. Freshman Camila Infante put the game-winning goal past the Bucknell 'keeper off a penalty shot with assists from Snyder and sophomore Maureen Daniel. This is Infante's sixth goal and Daniel's 10th assist of the season. Snyder leads the team with 14 goals and six assists. Senior goalkeeper Laura Miller finished the day with two saves, facing eight shots. The Eagles enter the PL Tournament as the No. 1 seed in Worcester, Mass. on Nov. 7-8.

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.