Weekend Hot Spots

Thursday, Oct. 30

Eisley 9:30 club 815 V. St. $12

In 2003, Eisley was named Best New Act by the Dallas Observer, it released "Laughing City," its well-received debut EP, then toured alongside Coldplay, though its oldest member is only 21 and the band's two vocalists are 15 and 18. Kicking off the release of its second EP, "Marvelous," Texas' favorite alternative rock kids will be bringing haunting, mesmerizing songs to the 9:30 club, opening for headliners Brand New and Hot Rod Circuit. Take this opportunity to catch Eisley before another huge band picks them up and ticket prices soar.

Friday, Oct. 31

If you don't have tickets to Guster with Third Eye Blind then ...Trick or Treat!

Saturday, Nov. 1

Strike Anywhere Nation 1015 Half St. $13

Richmond, Va.'s punk-rock politicos take D.C. by storm with an opening spot on The Bouncing Souls tour. Playing in support of its third Jade Tree records release, "Exit English," Strike Anywhere has been known as one of the District's most volatile live bands. As one of the few remaining bands that played the final Wilson Center show, and a band that has steadily received nationwide recognition, Strike Anywhere is one of the most prominent members of D.C.'s non-Dischord music community. Catch what the City Paper's article forgot to mention last week.

Sunday, Nov. 2

Dub Narcotic Sound System Warehouse Next Door 1019 Seventh St., NW 9 p.m. 21 and over. Independent legends Dub Narcotic Sound System will be playing D.C.'s newest venue, Warehouse Next Door, Sunday night. The band's history stems back nearly a decade when vocalist Calvin Johnson left the much-praised Beat Happenings to start a new project. Melding dub reggae, funk and hip-hop, Dub Narcotic has collaborated with the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - fronted by Jon Spencer the lead man of the District's most infamous export, Pussy Galore - and is touring in support of its first release, "Handclappin," a four-song EP which comes after a five-year hiatus.