10 last-minute Halloween costumes

Afraid of waking up around noon Friday, realizing it's Halloween and scrambling for a costume? Well, here are 10 easy costumes the last-minute AU trick-or-treater can make from common items.

1. AU ID Just take a cardboard box and cut out a side with some scissors. Then, cut out a square for your face and write out all of the text with a black Sharpie. Hold the cut-out over your face and presto, you're an AU ID. And now you don't have to spend precious minutes fumbling for your ID while walking into Hughes, thereby avoiding confrontation with the crabby desk receptionists.

2. Lizzie McGuire Is there any costume that would be more perfect for Halloween? Slide on a hot denim jacket with a cute skirt, and you've almost completed your metamorphosis into the new teen queen. After applying lots of lip gloss, head over to your lecture class in Ward 1 and while returning your midterm, fall down the stairs right at that inopportune moment when that cute boy was noticing your brand new Sketchers. You'll be so embarrassed!

3. Sigma Chi Guy Ever see that one Sigma Chi table at TDR? Ever wish you could be one of the Sigma Chi guys without pledging or paying money? Here's your chance! Just wear a black suit with a red tie (or a dark blue Sigma Chi T-shirt if you can get your hands on one) and you're set. You might even be able to infiltrate the gang and rub elbows with Nick Terzulli.

4. Andrew W.K. The party-hard hooligan just got done playing the Tavern, but his presence doesn't have to leave AU. Just get a white shirt and white jeans and a toy microphone, if possible. Douse your face in ketchup or red food coloring to simulate the blood from his infamous "I Get Wet" album cover. Mosh your way around campus singing "She Is Beautiful," and everyone around you will realize that it's all of us ... together ... having fun ... this is our show!

5. Tupac Shakur With this costume you are sure to have all "eyez" on you. All your friends will show you some definite California love when you don a large white t-shirt, baggy jeans and a red bandanna. Be sure to throw up the West Coast sign for the homies.

6. California Raisin Remember those '80s ads for California raisins? Your fellow students - also children of the '80s - will too. Just borrow a black trash bag from one of your neighbors and cut out holes for your limbs and head. Sport some sunglasses and get a portable stereo and play Marvin Gaye's "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" wherever you go and people will swear you're claymation.

7. Flop Your Roommate When your roommate goes to class, just raid his or her closet and put on his/her most distinctive clothes and accessories. When walking down the hall, your friends will mistake you for your roommate from a distance and hilarity will ensue.

8. God's Gift to Women This one's strictly for the fellas. Wrap yourself in a bow and attach a tag to it that reads: "To: Women, From: God." The ladies will be fighting over who gets to swipe you into TDR or treat you to a romantic Jamba for two.

9. The TDR Loner This costume is all about attitude and presence. It doesn't require a change of clothing, just a change in mindset. Be sure to avoid accompanying your friends on social gatherings during Halloween, especially trips to TDR. Be sure to go at the same time, and choose a deserted table that's in your friends' sight. Be quick about selecting your food, and don't dally (this means no waffles). Be sure to stare down at your food while eating, and mope all the way out afterward. There's no use trying to jack any cereal; I mean, what's the point?

10. Robber Take some of your panty hose (or borrow from a pal if you don't have any) and put it over your head. Now you look like a menacing criminal. Those casual acquaintances will think twice before greeting you, which helps you get through those awkward social relationships where you don't know whether or not to say "hi" when passing someone. Be careful not to go into the Eagle's Nest unless you are prepared to go all the way (and we don't mean just lying about whether or not you put cream cheese on your bagel).