Weekend Hot Spots

Thursday, Sept. 18 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the 9:30 club Stone Roses worshippers, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, will bring its all too hot sound to the 9:30 club on Thursday night. Black Rebel is touring in support of its sophomore Sept. 9 release, "Take Them On, On Your Own." The band is currently being spotlighted as one of the saviors of rock 'n' roll, as a resurgence of Brit-rock seems to be blossoming. Get tickets for $15 at the box office or at www.tickets.com. Friday, Sept. 19 Landing On Land in the Tavern at AU Rock upstarts Landing On Land will be playing the Tavern as part of SUB's first semester of shows. The band is a very cut and dry, straightforward rock group that will service those on a low budget who are willing to check out something new. This show is free. Saturday, Sept. 20 Mousetrap at the Black Cat Get out your dancing shoes, your eyeliner and your '80s regalia and head down to the Black Cat for a night of killer tunes and cheap beers. Every month the Black Cat hosts this popular dance party in its upstairs concert hall. This is the first of the year, so if you're tired of what the average AU promoter has to offer at clubs like Platinum and you just want someone to "wake you up before you go go" insane, then this is the club for you. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. and the cover is $8.

Take Action Tour at the 9:30 club Dillinger Escape Plan, Further Seems Forever, Avenged Sevenfold, 18 Visions and Poison the Well are on the D.C. bill for this Hopeless/Sub City Records suicide awareness tour. All of the bands except Further Seems Forever tread along the aggressive side of metal and hard rock. Proceeds go toward suicide awareness and outreach programs. The $17 ticket will buy an intense visceral and jaw-dropping live performances. Tickets are available at the box office and on www.tickets.com. Sunday Sept. 21 Hip Hop in its Essence at Ben and Mo's Every Sunday night Ben and Mo's features a hip-hop show with either local talent battling or just performing. The buzz on campus says this has been awesome so far, with last week's championship battle still in the hearts of many. Go out and support D.C. hip-hop before it crawls back into the mists of the Baltimore harbor. Doors open at 11 p.m.