DVDs to rent this week

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers The adventures of Middle Earth are back. Elijah Wood and Sir Ian McKellen reprise their roles as Frodo Baggins and Gandalf the White. Like the first "Lord of the Rings," this sequel is directed by Peter Jackson, written by Frances Walsh and based on J.R.R. Tolkien's novels.

The special features for this second installment of the trilogy include production documentaries, a music video by Emiliana Torrini, and a preview of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," which comes out this winter.

In "Two Towers," Frodo and Sam (Sean Austin) must travel to the evil land of Mordor to destroy the One Ring. Along the way, they gain companions and join forces to fight the war of the Ring. Gandalf (McKellen) leads the war against Sauron.

It is necessary to see "The Fellowship of the Ring," the first installment in the trilogy, to fully understand the story and the relationships of all the characters. Levity Billy Bob Thornton and a notable cast provide a good core in this independent film about a man's redemption. It's rare to have actors of such prominence in this kind of cinema, but "Levity" is an exception.

Although the DVD doesn't have much in terms of features, the acting and dialogue is superb. Commentary from director and writer Ed Solomon gives a glimpse into what makes the movie so unique.

Thornton pays Manuel Jordan, a man recently paroled after being imprisoned 20 years for murder. After his release he encounters a series of interesting people who play a role in his search for solace regarding his crime, including the sister of Jordan's victim, played by Holly Hunter. Morgan Freeman and Kirsten Dunst also star in the movie.