Experience food and culture at Taste of DC on Oct. 10 and 11

Each October, tourists and local foodies flock to Pennsylvania Avenue looking to expand their palates at the District’s annual Taste of DC. From Oct. 10 to 11, students can visit the yearly event to enjoy local cuisine and live entertainment, including the fourth annual World Chili Eating Championship.

Featured spots offer a glimpse into the city’s diverse food scene. Guests can delight their cravings for sweet treats and savory feasts, with options ranging from District Doughnut to Rosa Mexicano. Each participating restaurant will present patrons with several popular menu items for $8 or less.

Guests who desire more entertainment than food or drinks can check out the Culinary Stage, where chef Matt Finarelli will perform cooking demonstrations for the crowd. The Beer Garden Music Stage and Wine Stage will showcase live music during the event, and local bands scheduled to perform include Muddy Crows and Shade Parade.

Admission costs $20 and includes a complimentary drink and the opportunity to venture down the transformed “Restaurant Row,” where restaurant tents and food trucks highlight the city’s signature dishes.

For $40, the festival also grants visitors 21+ a chance to explore the Wine Walk and Beer Garden with the Drink Lovers Package. This ticket includes both the regular admission food samplings as well as $25 in beverage vouchers to use exclusively at the festival.

When: Oct. 10 and 11, 12 to 7 p.m.

Where: Pennsylvania Avenue between 3rd and 7th streets NW

Metro: Judiciary Square, Red Line