Where to get free safe sex products on campus

For most students, sex during college is inevitable. Whether it’s a hookup or a committed relationship, being prepared to have safe sex can make life a whole lot easier.

Below is a list of locations where students can find free safe sex products on campus.

Wellness Center
McCabe Hall Rear Entrance
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Wellness Center is one of the only places on campus that provides latex-free contraceptives. “Safe Sex Kits” are available by the door, each containing
● two Lifestyles brand male condoms
● a packet of silicone-based lubricant (safe for use with condoms) which contains aloe and vitamin E,
● instructions on how to use these items
● and a card that explains what consent is and how to ask for it, according to administrative assistant Crystal Fialkowski.
Also available by the door are condoms separate from the kits, as well as latex-free female condoms and dental dams, according to Wellness Center Director Tessa Telly.

Student Health Center
McCabe Hall Front Entrance
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Trojan brand male condoms are available in glass fish bowls in the waiting room and in various examination rooms.

Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CDI)
Mary Graydon Center Room 201
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

CDI has a basket filled with assorted safe sex products by the front door of their main office, which includes both male and female condoms as well as dental dams and Lifestyles brand silicone based lubricant.

Women’s Initiative
Mary Graydon Center Room 262
No set office hours. Contact WI@ausg.org for more info.

Students can visit the Women’s Initiative office and ask Director Hannah Sydnor-Greenburg or Deputy Director Kirby Howell for male condoms, female condoms and dental dams. Women’s Initiative also provides these items during special events, tabling and their monthly general body meetings in Butler Board Room or the University Club.