Eagle Rants: September 7, 2012

•If I smile at you, and then bend my left knee towards you and my right knee towards the North, and then curtsy, plie, twirl, bow, curtsy again, and then kneel, facing St. Petersburg, it means I would like for you to come talk to me; however, I am in a hurry and very late, but if I see you another time, perhaps I will stop and chat.

•I can't understand my stat prof... gonna be a long semester

•"@ I want to get back together with you. There, I said it. Your turn?" i so wish that were me you were talking to

•@The person who wants to start a student organization: You're still going to need to go to Student Activities and work through their process. I'd get on it right now, because the deadline this year is September 30th and it takes a few weeks. Applying for a budget goes through the Clubs Council, which is a different process.

•I really don't give a crap if a professor wants to breastfeed in front of students (it's a little unprofessional to have your baby in the classroom to begin with, but whatever). But publishing the personal information of students is WAY the hell over the line. That article should be the end of her career at AU, at least. Students need to be able to go to this school without worrying whether one of their professors is going to flip their s*** and, you know, publish their personal information on the internet.

•So, the other day I was crunching some numbers. So, I am in the 15% out of the <1% of the U.S. population. And then I represent one of the only straight guys, who is not foreign or Jewish on campus, and I smoke. I am like the last of my own freakin species. Last of the Mohicans, eat your heart out.

•Sometimes I'm hungry because I literally don't have enough money for food. Student loans don't cover the full cost of living once you're off campus, and my parents can't afford to pay my way. I have a job, but it's not enough. So no, eating four pounds of Chipotle bowls isn't "college life," it's rich kid life. I know you didn't mean any harm with your rant, but please try to pick up some perspective.

•@ "Who ever had the audacity of complaining about a professor breast feeding during class is ridiculous."

What's wrong with breast feeding? I'm a guy and I do it all the time with women.

•END OF FREAKING STORY. HOW THE H*** DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?!

•@you are gorgeous, intoxicating, grateful - tell her! do you have a class with her? If she really is a cool chick she'll be humbled by your complement!

•Why does Ms. Pine think that addressing her as “Ms.” rather than “Professor” is sexist? Elitist much? I wonder if she will make her daughter call her Professor instead of mom.

•@pooping on the quad:LMAO

•@”Who ever had the audacity of complaining about a professor breast feeding during class is ridiculous. I thought AU was better than that.” Why do you assume someone complained? Maybe they just brought it t the attention of the newspaper to bring awareness to the fact that in many places women still struggle with the right to breastfeed.

•I sympathize with Ms. Pine’s breastfeeding debacle, but it is beyond hypocritical that Ms. Pine would originally say she wants her name redacted from the Eagle story so as to protect her from internet searches that make her look bad when she had no problem at all identifying Eagle journalists by name. And those search results (in which she portrays the AU student as harassing her) will forever affect that student’s job prospects. Pine needs to be fired asap.

•@I just need a f*** buddy - i have one and it's fantastic. don't give up, and once you find someone who is great in bed and respectful/discreet keep em around!

•AU needs a cuddle club.

•I love my roommate. I hope we still live together even after we graduate.

•@”YOUR names will be all over the internet forever for your despicable journalism”

Get a clue. Everyone knows the real villain here is the professor. Reporting on a story does not mean you disagree with the subject of the story. There was a dissent in views on whether she should breastfeed. The Eagle did what good newspapers do, it covered the controversy. Bravo eagle.

•Ms. Pine (sorry, PROFESSOR Pine)’s official AU description describes her as a militant feminist. Is she for real? For the record I think she had every right to breastfeed her child in class. Too bad she shattered her reputation by slandering students. What a nube.

•Ok everyone needs to get on the same page here. There was nothing wrong with Ms. Pine’s decision to feed her baby. There was something very wrong with her slandering students. This is against university policy, and she should be fired, sued, and kicked out of the academic circuit. Have fun teaching at community college Ms. (ehem, I mean Professor) Pine.

•Glad I never had that rude, student-hating professor. Not because she breast-fed (yay for making healthy choices for her baby) but because of how annoyed and condescending she acts towards students and people in general. No wonder she is single.

•I would totally hook up with you again.

•No-one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well, let's just say your hour has come again.

•Heather Mongilio: I'm going to publish my own "expose" about you. You are an excellent journalist who asked mature, hard hitting questions, and demonstrated that you will not be bullied by an angry, entitled, unprofessional feminist who thinks that students pay 52,000 dollars to watch her take care of her baby and get naked in class. This is an absurd situation that you shouldn't have to deal with, and I really hope that you know how many people here support you.

•MS Pine (because I have no respect for you as a professor): Enjoy getting fired, and then enjoy never getting another teaching job because you obviously can't handle positions of authority. I think you're a terrible person, and I find it hysterical that you call the Eagle poorly written when your column was chock-full of grammar mistakes. Good riddance.

•RE: Professor Pine...don't get me wrong, this woman seems like a liberal nutcase (I especially love the part in her post where she calls her daughter "it"). HOWEVER...these stupid little Eagle writers are also tools. If you guys want to play big boy and big girl "reporters," don't complain when you get bitch slapped.

•@ "The more my face gets used as an ashtray the more I want them to ban smoking on campus."

Wow, that sounds painful and it also sounds illegal.

•Not publishing rants the day following your biggest journalistic gaffe in The Eagle's history? That's a pretty unprofessional way to handle the backlash. You have made yourself public figures, now accept the criticism you deserve.

Editor’s Note: We published Rants on Sept. 5 and Sept. 6.

•I bet the same stupid people who abolished the use of plastic bags are the same ones that took away a good Mcdonalds.

I hate you all,

Sincerely,

A frustrated Freshman who could seriously use a bag and a cheeseburger.

•If you're going to anonymously rave about an anonymous girl through Eagle Rants, at least do it with style and good writing.

•It doesn't matter that you're out of my league. I feel classier just talking to you.

•I love my roommate but she impedes my ability to have intercourse on the daily.

•Professor Pine, Obviously, it's totally okay that you breastfeed!!!! No one said anything about it being bad to do. But doing it in a classroom when you're teaching is distracting!

•Political fights

make your eyes shine brighter blue

Come canvass with me

•The girls of Hughes 5 are getting a little man-deprived. If any guys are interested in cuddling...

•That awkward moment when you're reading a rant and are like "Yeah, that person knows what he's talking about!" and then realize that it was a rant you wrote.

•Never have I been more disgusted with this university than I am with the way people are treating Professor Pine. As someone who was in that classroom, there was nothing wrong with what she did. She undid 2 buttons, and put her daughter in her shirt, nothing "inappropriate" was seen (not that it would matter if it was). It's a feminist radical anthropology class, what the heck did you expect? If you don't like her, then drop the class (it is an elective after all), and let the rest of us proceed with learning.

•Why don't people just speak what is on their mind? Life would be so much easier and a lot less hassle!!

•Ahh yes, nothing like a quasi controversy to start off the year #welcomebacktoschool

•He swings and CRACK goes the bat! It's going...it's going...it's...caught by the right fielder. That's 3 outs. Game's over.

•Was I the last person on this campus to find out about this breastfeeding crap? Y'all need to get a life.

•Cynicism is a wonderful sword...but a lousy shield

•@Just watched the Avengers--Who DOESN'T want Captain America and Iron Man to make out? opinions on Thor/Loki? Tom Hiddleston is a lovely man.

•Obama blew my mind last night. In a sexy way. Wait, I mean -not- in a sexy way. In a totally chaste, academic way. Or something.

•I don't want to do homework yet.

tumblr: the reason no homework gets done at any college anywhere

•Re: calling all smart/nerdy/cuddly boys (9/6/12):

How about you refrain from acting like a biddie, have some self-respect, and get off Eagle Rants and come find us? That's a start.

•I love AU, one of our Professors, Pine, goes off on a tirade about how un-accepting people of AU are about her lifestyle but still does not find the need to forgo her salary and find a more accepting institution. It is like half the Democrats here, "Tax the rich... but I will go on no less than 5 luxury vacations per year!" #Don'tbitethehandthatfeedsyou

•Anyone claiming that the professor should be fired and throwing around "feminazi" so glibly is truly showing themselves to be immature, over-indulged babies who don't have the first grasp on the realities of work place ethics, slander, damages to career, etc, and are frankly just mad that someone called out students as being irresponsible and salacious. Feminazi, really? did you even read her article? Or just write it off because a woman wrote it? Your comments say so much about the potential idiocy of over-priveleged 20 year olds, that nobody else needs to point it out ever.

•I may always be hungover in my math class, but I'm not the worst person here, some chick literally passed out on her desk. It makes me feel sooo much better.

•I enjoy how The Eagle is under the impression that people read articles other than EagleRants

•Library sheep got stolen... LOLZ

(Although I have a suspicion that the library stol it as some kind of hokey activity thing.)

•Hey Editor? Doesn't the eagle come out every Thursday! I want my Eagle!!

Editor’s Note: Sorry about that! We took off for Labor Day weekend. We’ll be back next week.

•To the short Asian chick with the bright blue backpack: you rock my socks! :D

•I'm going to rant that I have nothing to rant about...it's upsetting.

•It's not a matter of Professor Pine's rights, it's a matter of her responsibilities.

•I am so close to creating an AU dating site. I'm shocked that there isn't one already.

•Typical college kids: "Boobs are for cleavage, attention and sex"

Any of you take anatomy and biology 101?

Breasts are part of sexuality but remember that part of that continuum is the biological norm of breastfeeding.

Why so uptight and puritanical? They're just breasts and it's just a baby having a snack. Get over it.

•I keep waiting for the day when AU is going to outlaw toilet paper for their green initiative.

•Queen of the Quad is back. Cannot wait for more AU snark :D

•So...The Eagle tweeted about Eric Reath resigning and said something about "More to Come". Well, I have yet to hear the reasons behind his resignation and I would like to know. Instead of reading about ACTUAL campus news, I get to read about breast-feeding? Come on, The Eagle. Real newspapers don't have summer breaks and a transitional time.

•so many rants that are very clearly freshman #sogladimnotone

•@The person who knows people who work at DSS. I work at DSS, and I know for a fact that that wouldn't effect how any of us thought of you, or anyone really. We know that disability, visible or not, is just another form of diversity. I'm not telling you to tell any of us, but I'm letting you know that there's no need to fear what we'd think of you-- you'd still be you and we're all pretty nice :)

•Oh how old crushes can rekindle so quickly~ Please sit next to me in class again ^^ It makes me smile randomly throughout my day.

•@sad little man who equated breastfeeding during class with procreation during class: You need a biology lesson. Babies have very tiny stomachs and thus need to be fed every hour. Especially if they are sick which was the case with Pine’s baby. Procreation can wait until you are in private without any negative health effects. Of course none of this excuses Pine’s immature online ranting which targeted specific AU students.

•Why do colleges have so many acappella groups? #i don't get it

•Dear roommate, Take a shower. That is all.

•Breastfeeding as a professor of a class is very different than breastfeeding on the metro. On the metro, people can choose to look away or look at their phone if breasts make them uncomfortable. A student in a classroom cannot do that. Turning you head away from the professor during class would be very awkward. I don’t see anything wrong with public breastfeeding, but I also don’t see why Prof Pine couldn’t have just pumped some breastmilk into a bottle before class. Just sayin

•Dear straight, single AU guys (yes, all two of you)

You have the comparative advantage: go for it! You must understand that your female counterparts rule of thumb is exclusively homosexual until proven otherwise. If I hear either one of you complaining about not being able to find a girl... =.=

•Some people in this school need to learn compassion. Money can't buy morals.

•I don't care if you're from London. WRAP IT UP BRO. Your lecture is painfully boring and it's Friday at 4:45! STFU

•Around what time should we expect rants to be posted each day? Because it's 5:30 and I am still left rantless. :(

•Is there a way to join an email listserve of rants where as soon as they are posted they are emailed to us?

•Since Professor Pine (Adrienne Pine) is so concerned with what people find when they google her (although she doesn’t give a care about trashing AU students by name, thus hurting their post college employments prospects in the already hard-to-find-a-job field of journalism) let’s all use her full name when ranting about her so that the rants show up in her google searches and her true selfish character is revealed.

•7 pm and NO RANTS?! W-T-F!