From: Silver Screen

Weekend Watchlist: Cozy films and TV shows to get you in the fall mood

Autumn is the time for curling up under a nice blanket, drinking tea and admiring falling leaves. While getting cozy for the season, you might want to watch some great movies and TV shows. The Eagle has compiled a list of the best films and TV series to get you in an autumn vibe.

“Gravity Falls” (2012-2016) 

This show may take place in the summer, but don’t let that trick you into thinking this isn’t the perfect fall binge. An animated classic from the mind of Alex Hirsch, “Gravity Falls” drops you right into a world brimming with life that brings out the feeling of autumn. Whether it’s through the show’s “Summerween” episode or its warm-color palette, this series will put you in the autumn mood. With an exciting plot and lovable characters, it's a must-watch if you’re looking for some childhood nostalgia this season. 

“Gravity Falls” is available to stream on Disney+ and Hulu. 

“Little Women” (2019) 

Greta Gerwig’s take on Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel has cozy vibes and fun times perfect for the season. This coming-of-age period piece takes you on a journey through the lives of four sisters and how they navigate the world. The nonlinear structure weaves seamlessly through the girls’ pasts and presents which adds depth to this timeless story. There’s tragedy and heartbreak, but it’s an emotionally fulfilling watch and a great way to de-stress after a long week. 

“Little Women” is available to rent or buy on Amazon Prime Video. 

“Coco” (2017) 

There’s nothing like a good Pixar film to get you in the fall spirit, and there aren’t many better ones than “Coco.” Inspired by the Day of the Dead, “Coco” catapults you into a wonderful and vibrant world. The animation is beautiful, the songs are excellent and the story will have you grabbing the nearest tissue. Whether you watch with family or friends, this should be on your movie watchlist this autumn. 

“Coco” is available to stream on Disney+. 

“Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” (2010) 

You’ll be hard-pressed to find a wackier movie to laugh along to this autumn. “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” is Edgar Wright’s cult classic film based on the comic created by Bryan Lee O’Malley about an awkward twenty-something who has to fight off his girlfriend’s seven evil exes to be able to go out with her. The film’s colorful comic style and chilly atmosphere make it perfect for fall viewing. It’s an absurd movie that will have you cackling at its hilarious writing and mesmerized by its thrilling fight scenes. You can’t go wrong with this movie — there’s truly something for everyone here. 

“Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” is available to rent or buy on Amazon Prime Video. 

“Knives Out” (2019) 

This exciting murder mystery from the brain of Rian Johnson will get you right into the autumn mood. The film takes place during the fall, and the aesthetic and colors of the movie clearly emphasize that. With a zany cast of characters and marked by stellar performances, “Knives Out” is a thrilling “whodunnit” keeping you guessing at every turn. It’s a true must-watch for any fan of the mystery genre. 

“Knives Out” is available to rent or buy on Amazon Prime Video.

life@theeagleonline.com 

More from Silver Screen