From: The Scene Blog

5 Must-See Shows to Catch Up on This Season

With summer in full swing, we all have activities we want to do before school starts back again. For those of us who like to kick back and relax by watching television shows, here are 5 shows that you should watch before vacation is over.

1) Grey’s Anatomy

It is an oldie but a goodie. Grey’s Anatomy has been on the air for nearly 12 years. The plot follows a group of doctors who work at a fictional hospital in Seattle, and face life, death, love and the introduction of new characters. Year after year, you start to see that there is a specific formula to the show’s success, yet somehow that formula never gets old.

Reasons to watch it over the summer? With each season of the show being approximately 24 episodes, you are probably thinking this is too long to watch during the semester, especially since it's an addictive show and hard to stop watching once you start. Getting the chance to watch Grey’s over the summer is the perfect opportunity since the 12th season just ended, so there are no cliffhangers. Once you’ve finished binge watching the series, you’ll only have to wait patiently for the 13th season. Perhaps best of all, 11 of the 12 seasons are on Netflix, making your watching experience a breeze.

Genre: Hospital Drama

2) Gilmore Girls

If you are spending time with your family this summer, finding something to watch that all of your family members would like can be a difficult task. Gilmore Girls makes the choice easy, especially if you want to bond with your mother. In case you’ve missed this gem, the series follows a mother and daughter living in a small New England town and the love, loss and ridiculous town drama they encounter. You can get movie suggestions from mom, Lorelai and book recommendations from daughter, Rory, and of course learn how to splurge on food, big time.

Reasons to watch it? If you have ever heard of Gilmore Girls, you would know that there is going to be a four episode “finale” that spans each of the four seasons: fall, winter, spring, and summer. The “finale” is confirmed to premiere sometime before this Christmas on Netflix. If you watch the show now, you can be all caught by the time the latest episodes hit Netflix.

Genre: Comedy/Drama

3) Daredevil

Who doesn’t love a show about a man who becomes a superhero overnight? Daredevil is a Netflix original that currently has 2 seasons awaiting your clicks. If you enjoy watching The Flash, Arrow or Supergirl, this show should be added to your queue. Daredevil is about an attorney by day and a superhero by night. He decides to become a superhero after being blinded in accident as a child. This hero fights in Hell’s Kitchen, NY. As for his love interest, Karen is the secretary for the law firm of Daredevil's alter ego, Matt Murdock. There is not one specific villain, but there are multiple ones to look out for such as the Kingpin of crime.

Reasons to watch it? The thrill of each episode keeps you hooked, and it's almost impossible not to keep watching. The show is on Netflix, so you can essentially binge-watch it. Best of all, you won’t have to wait very long to feed your obsession with Daredevil: the show was just renewed for a 3rd season.

Genre: Superhero/Thriller

4) Friends

This is a classic that never gets old, one of those sitcoms that serves as a solid “background show.” You can play it while unpacking your bags at your family’s house or at a hotel with your friends. Since you don’t really have to focus on the plot, you can throw it on in the background as you get ready for bed. When you are sick of a show that you’re binge-watching because the plot is not progressing as fast as you hope it would, Friends offers a reprieve with easy laughs and story lines that don’t require much thought.

Reasons to watch it? Every episode will make you crack up, even if you’re only smirking at how ridiculous the plot is. You can just watch your favorite couples/friends without thinking about something major in your life. After all, we can never get too bored of Ross saying “we were on a break.”

Genre: Comedy/Classic

5) Charmed

This show is about three powerful witches and has been very underrated by viewers and critics. The lead characters’ fashion choices has been a favorite element to look out for since the series first aired in 1998. Charmed moves rather quickly, with each episode featuring a major plot point for a lead character.

Reasons to watch it? The series went off the air in 2006, ensuring that all of the seasons are on Netflix. Binge-watching time! If you were a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed should definitely be next on your watch list.

Genre: Supernatural/Drama

So, what show are you going to watch next?

More from The Scene Blog