From: The Scene Blog

“Parks and Recreation” Recap: Ron Swanson gets emotional

KRISTIN DOS SANTOS, FLICKR

Note: The following recap contains spoilers for season seven, episodes three and four of “Parks and Recreation,” entitled “William Henry Harrison” and “Ron and Leslie.”

Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler, “Mean Girls”) is desperate to get anything that will save the Newport land and turn it into a national park (Hail Zorp!). Unfortunately, her only option is to capitalize on Indiana’s modern-day version of William Henry Harrison, despite him being a rather embarrassing historical figure.

As Leslie always does, she puts together a press conference, using every little bit of trivia on Harrison she can hold on to, including a giant tin and paper ball and a very distant descent of Harrison. All her efforts go to waste, as Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman, “Gilmore Girls”) and his company crash the press conference.To get support for the new Gryzzl campus Ron’s company is trying to build on the Newport land, they bring in Pawnee’s very own Annabel Porter (Erinn Hayes, “New Girl”). She’s a famed author and two-time Pulitzer Prize winner for Best Listicle on her blog, “Bloosh.”

Ron and Leslie’s antics annoy everyone around them, especially Leslie’s husband, Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott, “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”). Desperate to do something about it, Ben and the gang lock Ron and Leslie in the Parks and Recreation department, the office where their friendship began.

With all night to work out their problems and no way out, Ron and Leslie break down and tell each other what’s really going on. Ron finally admits what happened (and what Morning Star is - luxury apartment buildings!): he missed his friends. And he was going to ask Leslie for a job in the federal government. But that was three years ago and Ron took on his own company, and with that, the Morning Star project which consequently tore down beloved Ann Perkins’ (Rashida Jones, “Web Therapy”) home.

Ron and Leslie make up, and there’s just no way around it: Ron’s heartfelt confession will make you cry. Yes, Ron of all people has the ability to make you cry and in a good way. It was about time that one of the greatest TV friendships of all time is alive and well again.

Stray thoughts…

*According to Bloosh, beef milk is in now. It’s exactly like regular milk, only $60 a gallon. And there’s a waiting list.

*Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt, “Guardians of the Galaxy”) can be really sweet and introspective sometimes, especially when it comes to his wife, April Ludgate (Aubrey Plaza, “About Alex”). But old habits die hard, as in that old hamburger he ate that he found in the forest.

*”Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?” “Because people are idiots, Ron.”

Tune in to “Parks and Recreation” on Tuesdays at 8 and 8:30 p.m. on NBC.

More from The Scene Blog