From: The Scene Blog

“The Mindy Project” Recap: Man war

NOHODAMON, FLICKR

Note: This post contains spoilers for season three, episode 10 of “The Mindy Project,” entitled “What About Peter?”

This week's episode of "The Mindy Project” focused on contrasting the lifestyles of Danny Castellano (Chris Messina, "The Newsroom") and Peter Prentice (Adam Pally, "Iron Man 3"). Danny is a man's man, alpha male to girlfriend Mindy Lahiri's (Mindy Kaling, "The Office) girly girl. Meanwhile, Peter is the ultimate bro who hasn’t mentally left his Dartmouth days behind.

Peter wants to mature a little, so he moves out of his glorified dorm and decides to rent Danny's second apartment. (At one point in Season 2, Mindy almost bought this spare apartment.) Of course, conflict arises between old crotchety man Danny and former beer pong champion Peter. But, Danny is thinking about knocking down the wall between both apartments, like when Aiden helped Carrie remodel on "Sex and the City!" Danny doesn't tell Mindy about the projected remodel. Shocker, another communication issue for Mindy and Danny!

Meanwhile, Jeremy Reed (Ed Weeks, "The IT Crowd") struggles with babysitting for his girlfriend, Lauren (Tracey Wigfeld, "30 Rock"). Luckily, everyone's favorite, Morgan Tookers (Ike Barinholtz, "MADtv") comes over to help teach Jeremy his baby whispering ways.

Mindy finds out that Danny wants to expand the apartment, but she thinks this means he wants her to move in. Danny really wanted to expand it to have his ma (Everyone's real favorite, Rhea Perlman, "Cheers") move in. Mindy’s feelings are hurt in the crossfire, as they tend to be when Danny doesn’t tell her things.

In the end, Mindy and Danny discuss moving in with each other; whether they will is up in the air. "The Mindy Project" continues to skirt the major issues with Danny and Mindy's relationship, so it'll be interesting to see how they move forward in addressing them. Hopefully with relationship counseling from Brendan Deslauriers! (Mark Duplass, "The League" - and "The One I Love," now on Netflix!) However, the strong chemistry of the cast (specifically Kaling and Messina) and consistent hilarity of Mindy’s one liners contribute to the season’s success and the series’ as a whole. I'm ,ooking forward to the second half of the season and thankful that Fox ordered a full third season of “The Mindy Project”!

Stream of thoughts...

• Danny's butcher and barber are both named Vito.
  • What I wouldn't give to watch the Weather Channel with Danny Castellano.
  • Peter's hair is out of control. Fix it, Adam Pally! (Now I’m feeling sad remembering that Adam Pally is leaving "The Mindy Project.")
  • Thank you, Mindy Kaling, for keeping Messina in that towel after Danny accidentally got in the shower with Peter.
  • Mindy on remodeling Danny's other apartment. "I'm thinking a Strawberry Shortcake meets Saddam's palace vibe."
  • Danny telling Peter that Danny and Mindy are "getting pretty close:" "She told me she was in her thirties."
  • Tune in to “The Mindy Project” on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX.

More from The Scene Blog