From: The Scene Blog

Preview: Crafty Bastards festival for crafting fanatics

4870_craftyo.jpg

ILEANA, FLICKR

“Breaking Bad” soap, crocheted twinkies and burger gloves are a few of the things you’ll be able to buy at this year’s annual Crafty Bastards arts and crafts fair.

Entering its 11th year, Crafty Bastards doesn’t just bring Etsy to real life. It brings the independent artists, entrepreneurs and crafters to you, without shipping and handling.

The fair covers both Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 27-28, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Union Market.

Presented by the Washington City Paper, over 140 vendors will attend the fair with 21 food trucks in tow. There will also be food and beverage vendors available like, Honest Tea, Righteous Cheese and Langdon Wood Maple Syrup.

Vendors will be sprawled outside and inside so there will be plenty to see throughout Union Market.

Searching for the right crocheted Twinkie or bespoke suit became a bit easier this year, however, with a Crafty Bastards Pinterest account. Visitors can look at different merchandise and choose what they want to buy before making their way to the fair.

Tickets are on sale now for $5 general admission each day or $8 for a weekend pass.

When: Sept. 27-28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m
Where: Union Market, 1309 5th St NE
Metro stop: Red Line to NoMa/Gallaudet

More from The Scene Blog