leopard lookbook- Coffee Date

Lookbook: Styling leopard print with thrifted pieces

Four looks featuring leopard print

Modern-day consumerism has taken over and there's a new trend every day. 

While enjoyable, trends strain both our wallets and the planet with their constant cycle. It's time to rethink our approach to fashion and embrace a more sustainable and mindful way of curating our wardrobes. Thrifting is the way to go.

With leopard print making a comeback, thrift stores are full of the striking and bold pattern that has become popular once again. 

Integrating trendy pieces into your existing wardrobe can help strike a balance and keep your fashion sense true to you. After all, we all aim to be on trend while staying authentically ourselves. 

Thrifting Tips

When you’re thrifting, keep an eye out for brands that were signature back in the day or items in good condition that resonate with your personal style. Finding these pieces may require you to explore multiple thrift stores in your area and search diligently, but the payoff is worth it when you find the perfect piece. 

As you look through the selection, visualize how each piece could complement your existing wardrobe. Think of five pieces you already own that could go well with your find. In doing so, you avoid unnecessary purchases while also building a collection that truly represents your style. 

There are a few ways to incorporate the leopard print pattern into your closet, in both casual and chic looks.  

Not sure where to start? Look no further – The Eagle has put together several looks to inspire you using some thrifted leopard print finds.

Casual Chic

leopard lookbook- Casual Chic
Casual Chic

If you’re feeling bold, go for a statement piece like a leopard print jacket. This will instantly elevate your outfit and make a fierce fashion statement. Pair it with baggy black washed jeans and a leather belt to spice up your look. Wear a boatneck white long sleeve under to ensure the focus stays on the jacket. Add a small handbag and you’re ready to go.

Model Off-Duty 

leopard lookbook - Model Off-Duty
Model Off-Duty

If you prefer a more subtle approach, slide into the trend with an accessory like leopard print earmuffs. Accessories with this pattern will be low-key but still stand out. These can be paired with a casual tee and blue baggy jeans. Throw on a sporty jacket for a laid back vibe that harmonizes perfectly with the leopard print, finish off the look with a pair of sneakers and you’re all set.

Girls Night Out 

leopard lookbook- Girls Night Out
Girls Night Out

A leopard-print skirt is an essential for a night out with your friends. Pair it with a solid colored top (like black or white), to keep the attention on the skirt, and go for some statement jewelry to enhance the overall vibe of this look. When it comes to shoes, low black heels will be comfortable but still add a sophisticated touch that makes a chic statement. 

Coffee Date 

leopard lookbook- Coffee Date
Coffee Date

Leopard heels can be dressed down or up depending on the occasion. For a mix of both, pair them with low-rise cream dress pants. The low rise contributes to a more casual vibe, while the black top adds a chic look that still offers comfort. Leopard heels take this sober outfit and add a bit of fun to the look.

Whether it’s a casual day or a night out, the versatility of the leopard print works perfectly, and it's your choice to mix and match to find out what aligns best with your personal style. 

While trends are a good source of inspiration, it’s crucial to keep in mind that style is meant to be a reflection of your personality. The goal is to express yourself freely through fashion, finding the balance between following trends and staying true to your individuality.

This article was edited by Eliza DuBose, Sara Winick and Abigail Pritchard. Copy editing done by Luna Jinks and Julia Patton.

style@theeagleonline.com