Sunday, June 23, 2024
Covid Test

BREAKING: COVID-19 test vending machines to be removed from campus

University will set up three test distribution sites

The COVID-19 test vending machines that have been on American University’s campus since fall 2022 will be removed on Dec. 18, Vice President of Student Affairs Raymond Ou and Interim Vice President for Inclusive Excellence Sarah Baldassaro announced in an email Friday. 

The change comes after the University’s third-party vendor, Shield T3, decided to discontinue their vending machine operations at all college campuses across the country. Earlier this semester, students struggled to find COVID-19 tests on campus as some machines were out of service for multiple weeks.

In place of the vending machines, AU will distribute COVID-19 tests at three locations Mondays through Fridays until the end of the academic year on May 10:

• Main Campus – Student Health Center, McCabe Hall: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • Washington College of Law – Information Desk, Warren Building: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • 4401 Connecticut Avenue – WAMU Reception Desk: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.

The email advised students with questions to contact covidhealth@american.edu.

This article was edited by Abigail Hatting and Abigail Pritchard. Copy editing done by Isabelle Kravis and Luna Jinks.

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.