IMG_1767.jpeg

Abigail Pritchard named The Eagle’s 2023-2024 Editor-in-Chief

Pritchard is The Eagle’s current administration editor

The Eagle’s advisory board has selected Abigail Pritchard, The Eagle’s current administration editor, as its editor-in-chief for the 2023-2024 school year.

Pritchard is the administration editor in the news section. Pritchard has mentored staff members across the news section, working closely with the section's 25 reporters to cover the AU administration. Under her guidance, staff has reported on pressing topics related to the AU administration including the installation of period product dispensers, protests on campus and recent turnover among administrators. As an editor, she played a crucial role in the investigation that found American University violated Title IX laws.

Pritchard has been a member of The Eagle since her sophomore year. Before becoming the paper’s administration editor this semester, she played a critical role as a reporter, covering the Board of Trustees, the University's unions and bike safety in Northwest D.C. Pritchard was also key part of The Eagle’s expansion of local news coverage over the past year. 

“I have really seen Abigail take students under her wing and guide them through the reporting process. I am so excited to see how she will continue to help guide the next generation of future reporters at The Eagle,” Abigail Turner, The Eagle’s data and investigations editor said. 

Pritchard hails from Madison, Connecticut. Outside of The Eagle, Pritchard is a junior double majoring in journalism and political science. She has also previously interned at Current, a nonprofit news organization. She will take over as editor-in-chief in April 2023. 

nheller@theeagleonline.com