Wednesday, June 12, 2024
papscun_campusempty2.jpg

AU to modify operations on Monday due to inclement weather

In-person classes, COVID-19 testing canceled

American University will modify its operations due to inclement weather conditions on Monday, the University announced via an AU Alert text and email on Sunday evening. 

All in-person classes are canceled, but online classes will still take place, the alert stated. Employees teleworking will continue to do so. 

Bender Library will be closed but still have virtual services available. Jacobs and Cassell fitness centers will also be closed, along with the Student Health Center. Residence hall desks for those living in emergency housing will be open, along with research labs and facilities. Shuttles will run on a modified schedule. Dining will be closed, but the Market food pantry will remain open.

COVID-19 testing will not take place and students living on campus will only need to get one test this week instead of the normally-required two tests. Additionally, faculty and staff who are not in the University’s essential worker category -- which includes facilities employees, residential workers and AUPD -- will also not have to make up for missed COVID-19 tests. Testing will resume once the University goes back to full operations later this week, the alert said. 

The District saw as much as four inches of snow in some areas on Sunday, the largest amount of snow in two years.

nheller@theeagleonline.com

Editor’s note: This podcast discusses topics like suicide, sexual abuse and violence.

In this episode of Couch Potatoes, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick talk about shows that are created to elicit an emotion response from viewers. Listen along as they discuss past and current trends within media, and how they have affected audiences.