Louis_The_Child_(41418759880).jpg

Louis The Child to bring an electric performance to The Anthem

The duo make a stop in the District on their winter tour

Louis The Child, composed of the Chicago-based DJs Robby Hauldren and Freddy Kennett, has taken the world by storm in recent years with its electric music. Serving a creative blend of EDM and its future bass subgenre, the pair puts on exciting shows that have sold out many venues. 

The Anthem, large enough to hold up to 6,000 beat-hungry fans, will be an ideal venue for the dance music duo and their openers, Sebastian Paul and Léon. The venue’s location right on the District Wharf sets the scene for a perfect, picturesque night.

Louis The Child began their music journey as two graduates from New Trier High School who met at a Madeon concert through mutual friends. In 2013, they sold out their Thanksgiving show at the Aragon Ballroom in their hometown of Winnetka, Illinois, where their careers took off. They have sold hundreds of records and performed at large-scale events such as Summer Fest, Lollapalooza and Spring Awakening. The duo has made a name for themselves on social media with over 200,000 followers on Instagram and over 88,000 on Twitter. The duo boasts plenty of fist-pumping hits, but some of their fan favorites are “Better Not,” “It’s Strange” and “Weekend” featuring Icona Pop. 

As for their openers, Swedish-born yet Colorado-based artist Sebastian Paul is an inspiring up-and-coming artist. His newest EP “Trojan Horse” serves up five self-written and self-produced EDM songs in an electric style similar to Louis The Child’s music. Some of his most popular works include “Trojan Horse,” which is featured on his newest EP, “Lust Drunk” and “On Some High.” 

Léon is another Swedish artist with an emphasis in indie pop. With hip-swaying, upbeat music that differs  from that of Louis The Child and Sebastian Paul, Léon provides soul-soothing melodies between EDM acts. Some of her most famous works include “Come Home To Me,” “You and I” and “Surround Me.”

With all of this in mind, Louis The Child’s concert at The Anthem is sure to be an unforgettable experience. 

Louis The Child’s music is available on Spotify and iTunes. Tickets for Louis The Child featuring Léon and Sebastian Paul at The Anthem on Nov. 8 are available here. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

kbutler@theeagleonline.com