Troye Sivan Preview

Troye Sivan to perform hits from 'Bloom' at the Anthem Thursday

Sivan’s latest album reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200

Pop sensation Troye Sivan recently began his fourth headlining tour since his debut in 2015. Sivan’s latest album, “Bloom,” was just released on Aug. 31, and Washington D.C. will be one of the earliest locations worldwide to hear hits from that album performed live when Sivan visits the Anthem on Oct. 4.

“Bloom” has already reached No. 4 on the Billboard 200, earning Sivan his highest charting accomplishment yet. The album, a mesmerizing blend of pop rhythms and complex lyrics, centers around Sivan’s experience with expressing his identity and sexuality through music. Guest artists involved in the album, including Ariana Grande and Gordi, add greater depth to the captivating sound Sivan’s music continues to achieve.

Sivan, widely recognized for his advocacy for LGBTQ rights, was recently awarded the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, an honor whose past recipients include Ellen DeGeneres and Laverne Cox. Only months ago, Sivan headlined the 2018 Capital Pride Concert presented by HOT 99.5 and PRIDE Radio. Now, returning to our nation’s capital Thursday, he’s eager to showcase his new blend of warm sounds and dark imagery.

Joining Sivan on his D.C. stop will be German singer-songwriter Kim Petras and American singer Leland. Like Sivan, Petras began her music career as a teenager, releasing numerous upbeat pop tunes starting in 2011. Her most recent single, “All the Time,” was released in August. In addition to creating music as a singer-songwriter, record producer and composer of his own, Leland also collaborated closely with Sivan on “Bloom.” He is listed as a writer for eight songs and as a producer for five tracks featured on the album.

Whether you’re seeking a chance to unwind, to have greater exposure to up-and-coming music, or even just to see what one member of Vanity Fair’s best dressed list for 2018 will be clothed in next Thursday night, you won’t want to miss Troye Sivan’s “Bloom” tour with Kim Petras and Leland at the Anthem. It will be a delightful fusion of captivating sound and artistic performance you’ll definitely enjoy.

“Bloom” is available on Spotify and iTunes. Tickets for Troye Sivan featuring Kim Petras and Leland at The Anthem on Oct. 4 are available here. Doors open at 6 p.m.

music@theeagleonline.com