Friday, June 21, 2024
metro boomin want some more

SUB announces Metro Boomin as headliner for Welcome Week show

“The Nightshow” will also feature local rapper Kelow LaTesha and DJ Shiva

On Aug. 25, the Student Union Board will kick off the school year with an “end of summer party” in Bender Arena headlined by Atlanta-based D.J. and producer Metro Boomin, SUB director Bisagna Suh announced Thursday. “The Nightshow” will also feature local rapper Kelow LaTesha and DJ Shiva.

Metro Boomin is best known for his collaborations with artists such as Drake, Kanye West, Future, Travis Scott, 21 Savage and Migos throughout the 2010s. Called “easily one of the most in-demand hitmakers in the world” by Forbes, he produced high charting singles such as “Congratulations” by Post Malone (featuring Quavo), “Bounce Back” by Big Sean and “Bank Account” by 21 Savage. He released his studio album “Double or Nothing” with Big Sean in 2017, which made it to no. 6 on the US Billboard 200.

Opener Kelow LaTesha’s work has been featured in publications such as the Washington Post and Noisey. She is a Maryland-born electric-hop, rap, and power-pop artist whose songs include “Lul Sis,” “Yeah,” and “FINNA” featuring Lil Uzi. DJ Shiva is the co-creator of mxdhouse, a DMV all-female music collective, according to the SUB release.

Doors will open at 8 p.m. Admission is free with an AU ID through Eventbrite. All students can bring a plus one but must get a ticket for their guest.

dignacio@theeagleonline.com

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.