Five great restaurants for Valentine’s Day

Celebrate the holiday with a date or friends

For most people, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to celebrate love, whether it be romantic or platonic. Since Washington, D.C. has superb dining options ranging from casual to fine dining, a dinner date is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. If you’re new to the District or are looking for somewhere new and fresh to go on Feb. 14, here are five diverse restaurants in D.C.

1. Chef Geoff’s – 3201 New Mexico Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.

Many American University students are incredibly familiar with Chef Geoff’s, as it is right down New Mexico Avenue. This Valentine’s Day, celebrate with Chef Geoff’s and their special menu of a Blood Orange Sparkler cocktail, steamed crab and shrimp dumplings, surf & turf and a chocolate trio. Chef Geoff’s is close and convenient, and you can’t go wrong with their regular menu or their special menu.

2. 701 Restaurant – 701 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.

701 Restaurant is an intimate candlelit setting located in the heart of D.C. 701 also has a special Valentine’s Day menu for you and your date. The three course meal has a few options, including tuna tartare as an appetizer, lobster as an entrée and a chocolate cherry dome for dessert.

3. Il Canale – 1065 31st St NW, Washington, D.C.

If you’re looking for an affordable yet delicious Italian meal, Il Canale is the place for you this Valentine’s Day. Located in Georgetown, you and your date can take a stroll around town and down by the waterfront after your meal. Though they do not have a special menu for Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with the thin crust on their brick oven pizza.

4. Fiola Mare – 3050 K St NW Unit 101, Washington, D.C.

Located right on the waterfront in Georgetown, Fiola Mare is the perfect place for dinner with a beautiful view. Their Valentine’s Day menu is a three course meal with your choice of an antipasto, pasta or main course and dessert. Some of their specials include Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio, Lobster Ravioli and a Passion Fruit & Vanilla Torta to top off the night.

5. Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab – 750 15th St NW, Washington, D.C.

Known for having the best, fresh stone crabs found in the Gulf of Mexico, Joe’s is a great fine dining place for you and that special someone. They do not have a special menu for Valentine’s Day, but their regular menu is still outstanding. Since it is located right around the corner from the White House, you and your date can stroll around downtown after a wonderful meal.

life@theeagleonline.com