The Renwick Gallery

Life After Hours: Jan. 26-28

New semester, new things to see and do in D.C.

If the first two weeks of classes already has you itching to get off campus, here is what you can do this weekend to get out of the Tenleytown bubble.

Murder at Midnight at the Renwick Gallery

Come to the Renwick Gallery on Friday night for a chance to explore two eerie exhibits: “Murder is her Hobby,” and “The Final Stop” before they close on Sunday. The exhibits will be open to guests until midnight and will include a DJ and scavenger hunt. Admission is free and snacks and drinks will also be available for purchase.

When: Jan. 26 from 5:30 p.m. until midnight

Where: NE corner of 17th and Pennsylvania Ave NW

Metro: Blue/Orange/Silver Lines, Farragut West Station

Winter Restaurant Week in D.C.

Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) curates two restaurant weeks per year, and Winter Restaurant Week is wrapping up this Sunday. Over 100 D.C. restaurants are participating, offering special fixed menus at set prices ($22 for lunch and brunch, $35 for dinner). Take a break from TDR and see what the District’s restaurants have to offer.

When: Jan. 22- Jan. 28

Where: Various locations around D.C.

D.C. Music Download's 6th Anniversary Showcase and Party

Online magazine D.C. Music Download has been showcasing local musicians and bands for the past six years; this Saturday the publication will be celebrating with a concert at the Wharf’s Union Stage. Performances will include futuristic funk group Nag Champa Art Ensemble and electro-pop group Shaed. Tickets range from $16-$25.

When: Jan. 27 at 9 p.m.

Where: 740 Water Street SW

Metro: Green Line, Waterfront-SEU Station

Grammy Awards Watch Party at Songbyrd

Come to Songbyrd music shop in Adams Morgan to watch the 60th Grammy Awards. Prizes will be given out for guessing the most winners, including a vinyl copy of Childish Gambino’s “Awaken My Love!” Admission is free and open to all ages.

When: Jan. 28 at 7 p.m.

Where: 2477 18th Street NW

Metro: Take the 96 bus from Tenleytown

adonohue@theeagleonline.com