The first No Lost Generation gala held to raise money and awareness for refugees. The club is hosting their second annual gala this Saturday.

Life After Hours: Nov. 17-19

Grab a drink at DC Cocktail Week or warm up with a dance party this weekend

Before you depart for Thanksgiving break next week, be sure to take advantage of your time in the District this weekend.

DC Cocktail Week

DC Cocktail Week runs through this weekend until Sunday, so don’t miss out on special drink concoctions and deals at various bars and restaurants around the city. Participating locations include District Distilling Co., Farmers and Distillers, Jaleo, Oyamel and Zaytinya, to name just a few.

When: Nov. 13-19

Where: Various locations around D.C.

Metro: Varies by location

Punk Rock Flea Market

Whether you're looking to treat yourself or purchase some unique holiday gifts for loved ones, check out the Punk Rock Flea Market in partnership with Positive Force DC this weekend. Vendors will be selling pins, records, vintage clothing and much more. The market is free to enter, but be sure to bring canned goods as a donation to We Are Family DC.

When: Saturday, Nov. 18 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 1525 Newton Street, NW

Metro: H2 Metrobus from Tenleytown

Take Me Out: 2000’s Indie Dance Party

Dance away the stress of the semester this Saturday night at the Black Cat’s 2000’s Indie Dance Party. DJs will play popular artists including Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, MGMT and more all night long. Tickets are available to purchase for $10.

When: Saturday, Nov. 18 from 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Where: 1811 14th Street, NW

Metro: Green or Yellow line, U Street Station

No Lost Generation Winter Gala

No Lost Generation AU is bringing its second annual fundraising gala to campus this weekend, with all proceeds benefiting Helping Hand for Relief and Development Syria Humanitarian Assistance Fund. NLG AU is an organization committed to supporting all refugees and displaced peoples. Dress up in your best cocktail attire for an evening of speeches, performances and more. Tickets are available for $15.

When: Saturday, Nov. 18 from 7 p.m. to 9pm

Where: School of International Service

Holiday Shops at Union Market

Junior League of Washington is bringing its 59th annual Holiday Shops fundraiser to Union Market this weekend so you can shop for a good cause. All funds raised for JLW go toward improving the DC community through nonprofit grants and volunteer training. Be You Fashion, The Cookie Jar DC, Shrub District and Soxfords are just a handful of the participating merchants. Shopping passes are $5 for one-day admission and $10 for two-day admission.

When: Saturday, Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 1309 5th Street, NE

Metro: Red line, NoMa-Gallaudet U Station

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com