Fall Fashion 2017

Fall is back, and so are these trends

Stay fashion forward this fall with all the latest trends

Sweater weather is almost upon us. While the basic LuLu Lemon leggings, bean boots and flannel look is always in, here’s some new hot trends as the weather turns cold.

Boyfriend jeans (and other fashion-fluid accessories)

The androgynous look is in─boyfriend jeans, beanies and baggy shirts for all. Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik’s recent Vogue photoshoot breaks clothing-gender barriers and confirms that this fall, men and women will share trends.

Freshman Mario Moreno concurred. “Fashion will lean towards ankle height pants, high waisted jeans and male ring jewelry,” Moreno said.

The high waisted, ankle length, boyfriend pant will carry fashionistas into cooler October temperatures.

Round glasses and jackets

Vogue predicts a cross between a hipster and futuristic look for this fall. Round glasses and bomber jackets will be staples this season.

“Not only will these articles of clothing make me look cool, but they will protect my eyes and keep my body warm,” cross country runner Eve Yuthasastrkosol said. Keeping up with current trends is important, but trends that are fashionable and practical? What a perk.

Funky socks and checkered Vans

In terms of footwear, it looks like Macklemore’s 2012 single, “Thrift Shop,” predicted the 2017 fall trends. Funky socks and checkered Vans are back in.

Freshman Caleb Pultman is skeptical of these shoes’ popularity this fall. “They [checkered Vans] still have a stigma of a particular demographic, while the Vans brand in general is making its way into mainstream fashion and is very appealing to me,” Pultman said.

Funky socks aren’t always the best look, said freshman wrestler Niko Camacho.

“When a man is wearing them with dress pants, it’s fly,” Camacho said.

Scarves and sweaters

When all else fails, classic sweaters, scarves, leggings and boots always prevail. These timeless basics will forever be key pieces for the chiller weather at the end of the fall season.

“I think this fall we’ll be going back to basics, especially on campus,” said freshman frisbee player Mehak Chadha. “Classic woven sweaters and long boots are going to be essentials.”

Whether you’re a classic or hipster dresser, an array of styles are trending this fall. In the end, sweatpants and sweatshirts may become your uniform come winter time.

life@theeagleonline.com