Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024
D.C. Coffee Fest

D.C. Coffee Fest kicks off Saturday

Start fall with a celebration of coffee and culture

Coffee District’s annual D.C. Coffee Fest will start Saturday and continue celebrating the popular drink throughout the weekend. Hosted by the collaborative coffee organization, the event focuses on creativity within the D.C. coffee community.

Coffee District was founded by baristas who enjoy coffee and wanted to curate a quality D.C. coffee guide for locals and tourists in the DMV area! By organizing competitions for D.C. Coffee Fest, attendees are encouraged to explore becoming a barista, which is a person whose job involves preparing and serving different types of coffee. D.C. Coffee Fest’s goal is to attract coffee owners, baristas, and enthusiasts to share the love of coffee.

Coffee Fest is “a celebration of coffee and culture featuring more than a dozen coffee related happenings throughout Washington, D.C. culminating in the US Coffee Champs Barista Cup,” according to the Coffee District website.

The festival consists of a four day exploration around D.C. at a variety of coffee events. Co-sponsored by Dolcezza Gelato, Modbar Guest Popup Cafe, DMV Coffee TNT, The Wydown, Blanchard’s Coffee Roasting Company and Cotton and Reed Distillery, the fest has attendees travel throughout the city to test a variety of coffee shops.

Coffee culture is around every corner of this city, so why not try to find the best beans for you?

foodfitness@theeagleonline.com

Hosts Sara Winick and Sydney Hsu introduce themselves and talk about their favorite TV shows. This episode includes fun facts, recommendations and personal connections.