Public Safety released a photo and video of a person suspected of hanging Confederate flag fliers on campus Tuesday night. 

American University police release videos and photos of suspect for hanging Confederate flag fliers

Videos show suspect walking in Battelle-Tompkins, McKinley, Mary Graydon Center

Public Safety tweeted at 11:13 a.m. photos of the suspect for the hanging of the Confederate flag fliers on American University's Campus. They also released two more videos of the suspect in Battelle-Tompkins and McKinley buildings on YouTube at this morning. 

The fliers were found pinned to bulletin boards with a cotton plant attached to them in four locations on campus on the same night that Dr. Ibram X. Kendi gave a presentation on his new Antiracist Research and Policy Center at AU. Public Safety released a video of the suspect in the Mary Graydon Center before University President Sylvia Burwell's town hall at 1 p.m.  

The suspect is a white, middle-aged male last seen wearing an orange hard hat, camouflage pants, a pink shirt and white gloves. The University urges anyone with any information to immediately contact campus police at 202-885-2527.

Public Safety also suggests students take extra safety precautions at this time and to be aware of any suspicious activities. 

The Eagle will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.