Truckeroo

Get ready for Truckeroo season

The next round of the food truck festival will be June 16

Need a food truck fix? Look no further. Truckeroo, the annual food truck festival, is back. The event will take place once per month from April through September at the Fairgrounds in Southeast D.C. This summer’s next Truckeroo will be June 16.

Truckeroo features 15-25 different trucks from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. From Vietnamese dishes to tacos and custard, there is no craving that Truckeroo can’t satisfy. Some of the food trucks participating this year are Bonmi, Surfside, Captain Cookie and the Milkman and Goodies Frozen Custard.

Truckeroo is free for all ages. Food pricing will depend on the vendor. There will also be live music and games during festival hours. If you can’t make it this time around, don’t fret. The festival returns June 30, July 21, Aug. 4, Sept. 1 and Sept. 22.

The idea for the food truck festival was created in 2010 by Bo Blair, owner of The Bullpen and Das Bullpen Beer Gardens. It was made possible in association with Bullpen, DMV Foodtruck Association, Capitol Riverfront BID, Washington City Paper and Food Truck Fiesta.

Now is the perfect weather to go out and enjoy the unique delicacies that food trucks have to offer. Grab some friends and make an adventure out of it.

Where: The Bullpen, 1299 Half St SE, Washington, D.C. 20003

Metro: Navy Yard Metro Station, Green line

Time: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.

akhan@theeagleonline.com