Feist preview

Concert Preview: Feist

The Canadian singer-songwriter comes to the Lincoln Theatre June 7 and 8

Feist, the acclaimed Canadian singer-songwriter, is back with her first solo album in more than six years. She will be playing dates throughout the summer, including a stop at Washington, D.C.’s Lincoln Theatre June 7 and 8.

Her latest album, “Pleasure,” blends genres, features layered production and includes some songs as introspective and poignant as the hits that made her an early 2000s star.

The Grammy nominated singer broke into the mainstream as a solo artist with the album, “Monarch,” in 1999, but it was was her masterpiece, “The Reminder,” that launched her into the indie-pop stratosphere. Her 2007 single, “1234,” is a fantastic, catchy and melodic song that was a massive chart-topper and mainstay in commercials throughout the late 2000s.

Refusing to be defined as a one hit wonder, Feist changed her sound on subsequent projects, while also doing a collaborative EP with the famed metal band Mastodon. “The Reminder” finds Feist at her most sonically eclectic, approaching that phase of her life with wisdom and emotional clarity. The title track features a beautiful instrumental arrangement and reflects on relationships, aging and human biology.

Feist continues to innovate musically, continually shaking off expectations, and dazzling critics and fans alike. Her music feels as fresh as ever, and her return to the stage this summer will surely be a treat for those lucky enough to snag tickets.

Tickets for night two at Lincoln Theatre on June 8 are available here. Doors open at 7:00 p.m.

growell@theeagleonline.com