Pennsylvania Ave

The Weekend Scene: Oct. 7-9

Welcome the fall with a comedy show, food festival and more

The distinct chill in the air means fall has officially arrived, and with it comes plenty of fun to be had around the District. Wave your last goodbye to summer with an outdoor movie or yoga class, or take in the beautiful weather with a garden tour.

“Ghostbusters” at Union Market

All good things must come to an end, and outdoor-movie season is officially over with the start of fall. Union Market will conclude its drive-in series with the 1984 classic Ghostbusters on Friday night. Parking costs $10, but admission is free if you walk or bike.

When: Oct. 7, 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Where: 1309 5th Street NE

Metro: NoMa-Gallaudet U Station, Red Line

Yoga in the Garden

De-stress after a long week of midterms, classes and interning with a free yoga class at Old City Farm & Guild. Just bring your mat, water bottle and a friend for the garden center’s final class as summer comes to an end. This session is free and all levels of experience are welcome.

When: Oct. 7, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Where: 925 Rhode Island Ave NW

Metro: Shaw-Howard University Station, Green/Yellow Lines

Trevor Noah at the Kennedy Center

Trevor Noah, host of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, will be performing a show at the Kennedy Center on Friday night. The comedian is sure to provide plenty of relevant and witty political commentary to lighten the mood of this election season. Tickets start at $55 and are still available for the 10:30 p.m. show, so grab yours while you can!

When: Oct. 7, 10:30 p.m.

Where: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F Street NW

Metro: Foggy Bottom Station, Orange/Silver/Blue Lines

White House Garden Tours

The annual White House Fall Garden Tours return this weekend, as the picturesque gardens are opened for visitors to explore and learn about their history. View the Jacqueline Kennedy Garden, the Rose Garden and the White House Kitchen Garden. Admission is free, with timed tickets distributed at the event.

When: Oct. 8, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Oct. 9, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Where: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Metro: Metro Center Station, Red Line

Taste of DC

The annual Taste of DC festival is back to take over four blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue with some of the city’s best restaurants, breweries and wineries, as well as musical performances and eating competitions. Restaurant Row features 60 local spots, where you can sample meals from locations like Ben’s Chili Bowl, CapMac DC and Swizzler Gourmet Hot Dogs. For beverages, visitors can explore the Bier Garten and taste test on the Wine Walk. General admission tickets are $20, but bring cash to purchase food and beverage vouchers.

When: Oct. 8, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., Oct. 9, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Where: 7th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial Station, Green/Yellow Lines

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com