Sunday, June 23, 2024

The Weekly Scene: June 13-17

Whether you’re into jazz, movies, music or food, there’s always something to do in D.C.

D.C. Jazz Festival

Jazz greats will be performing all over the city as part of the annual jazz festival. If you’re into jazz, there will definitely be something to check out.

When: June 11 through June 19

Where: Many locations

Metro: Depending on location

Flight of the Conchords

New Zealand comedy-music duo Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie are performing in Vienna, Virginia. Even if you haven’t seen their TV show, the songs work hilariously as stand-alones. Think The Lonely Island, but weirder.

When: Monday, June 13 at 8 p.m.

Where: Filene Center, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, Virginia

Metro: Silver Line, Spring Hill (but most easily accessible by car)

Outdoor Movies

Movies are screened  outdoors almost every night somewhere in D.C. this summer. Highlights include “Guardians of the Galaxy” at NoMa Summer Screen, “Belle” at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and “Dr. Strangelove” at Farragut Square.

When: “Guardians of the Galaxy” on June 15 at 7 p.m., “Belle” on June 15 at sunset, “Dr. Strangelove” on June 17 at sunset

Where: Storey Park Lot in NoMa, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and Farragut Square

Metro: NoMa-Gallaudet U, Red Line, Foggy Bottom, Orange and Blue Lines, and Farragut North, Red Line

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.