BREAKING: Car fire in Katzen garage
Katzen Arts Center evacuated Thursday morning
UPDATE: The fire appears to have been caused by a mechanical malfunction in the vehicle, and there was no structural damage to the building, according to AU Director of Public Relations Kelly Alexander.
UPDATE: Katzen Arts Center has reopened, and individuals may use level P1 of the parking garage, AU Public Safety announced via Twitter. Levels P2 and P3 remain closed, and vehicles may be retrieved with a Public Safety escort.
The parking garage underneath Katzen Arts Center is closed this morning following a vehicle fire.
The fire occurred around 9 a.m. Thursday morning, and there were no injuries, according to AU Director of Public Relations Kelly Alexander. AU Public Safety is assessing the situation now that the fire is out and remains at the scene, Alexander said in an email.
Officials also closed the Glover gate along Massachusetts Avenue, and limited traffic was allowed in the area. Service from the Kogod shuttle stop is temporarily closed due to fire department activity, Public Safety announced via Twitter.