Wednesday, June 12, 2024
metro

AU students vote in favor of Metro University Pass

85 percent of the student population support Metro changes

Full-time AU students have voted overwhelmingly in favor of the proposed Metro University Pass (U-Pass) pilot program for next year.

According to a memorandum from Executive Director of Risk, Safety and Transportation Programs Dan Nichols, the final vote was 85 percent of students in favor and 15 percent against. The University still has to sign a formal agreement with Metro to put the plan into effect, but Nichols also said that students can expect additional information on the U-Pass roll-out in mid-April.

In addition, the memorandum said that some part-time students were initially able to vote in the poll on the myAU portal. However, their votes were removed from final results because the U-Pass program is only an option for full-time undergraduate, graduate and law students.

With the approval of the program, a mandatory $130 fee per semester will be added to students’ tuition fees in exchange for a pass providing them with unlimited rides on Metrorail and Metrobus during the academic year.

jodonohoe@theeagleonline.com

Editor’s note: This podcast discusses topics like suicide, sexual abuse and violence.

In this episode of Couch Potatoes, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick talk about shows that are created to elicit an emotion response from viewers. Listen along as they discuss past and current trends within media, and how they have affected audiences.