Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Scene’s St. Patrick’s Day Playlist

Jack Stringer breaks down what tunes you should listen to this St. Patrick’s Day.

St. Patrick’s Day is fast approaching, and what better way to celebrate global Irish heritage than with a playlist of Irish-influenced music from around the world?

Of course, there’s no St. Patrick’s Day playlist without “Shipping up to Boston,” “Sunday Bloody Sunday” and at least something by Van Morrison. However, this playlist strives to go beyond the most popular Irish musicians and songs that have become synonymous with American-Celtic music. Swedish producers, bands from Delhi and intercultural West African groups can all cite the Irish as a sonic influence, and all make it into the playlist. So whether you are part Irish, just like to wear green sometimes or need a little bit of shamrock luck in your life, here are the best songs to listen to this St. Patrick’s Day.

jstringer@theeagleonline.com

In this grand finale, hosts Sydney Hsu and Sara Winick say their goodbyes and give updated lists of their current favorite shows. Listen along and compare the new lists to those from the very first episode! 

To all the loyal listeners, it has been a great run, but all good things must come to an end. However, just like some of your favorite TV shows, a second season is never truly out of the question.