Sunday, June 23, 2024
Courtesy of AUSG

Founder's Day to be held at National Air and Space Museum

Student Government will host this year’s Founder’s Day Ball at the National Air and Space Museum on Feb. 21 from 8-11 p.m.

The National Air and Space Museum, located along Independence Avenue on the National Mall, draws millions of tourists from around the world, which makes it the most visited museum in the country, according to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum website.

The museum provides visitors with thousands of artifacts on aviation, space exploration and planetary science.

The event will welcome 2000 students, which is 700 more than last year, directors Patrick Kelly and Chandler Thornton said in a press release. It will be the largest Founder’s Day Ball in AU history, Thornton and Kelly said in the press release.

“Since we first began planning this event, it has been our top priority to host the most inclusive Founder’s Day Ball possible for the student body,” Thornton and Kelly said in the press release.

Students can get tickets to the Founder’s Day Ball online through Eventbrite, an online ticketing service. SG will post the link to the Eventbrite page on their Facebook page at the following times:

• Jan. 26, midnight
  • Jan. 26, 10:45 p.m.
  • Jan. 27, 8:45 a.m.
  • Jan. 27, 8:15 p.m.
  • Jan. 28, 7 a.m.
  • Jan. 28, 4 p.m.
  • Jan. 29, 11:40 a.m.
  • Jan. 29, 7 p.m.
  • Jan. 30, 10 a.m.
  • Jan. 30, 2:45 p.m.
  • Jan 31, 10 a.m.
  • Jan. 31, 5:30 p.m.
  • Feb. 1, 11 a.m.
  • Feb. 1, 3 p.m.

This is the first time in two years that SG will distribute tickets online. SG previously distributed tickets online in 2012, when the tickets sold out in 90 seconds, The Eagle previously reported.

frodriguez@theeagleonline.com

Staff writer Heather Mongilio contributed to this story.

As the semester comes to an end and one of the founding members leaves American University, Section 202 has decided to take a trip down memory lane. For our fans, old and new, who are wondering how Section 202 came to be, this episode is a must. Listen along as hosts Connor Sturniolo and Liah Argiropoulos reminisce about the beginning of Section 202 and how it got to where it is now.