Men’s basketball dominates Presbyterian at Coaches vs. Cancer Classic 63-38

The Eagles won their second consecutive game on Nov. 21, defeating Presbyterian 63-38. Three players scored in double digits while forcing the opposition into 21 turnovers.

AU (2-1, 0-0 PL) took the lead with just over four minutes left to play in the first half and never looked back. The Eagles also capitalized on Presbyterian mistakes, scoring 24 points off of turnovers.

"I think our first halves this season could be like that as we figure things out against our opponents, but I was happy with how we came out in the second," head coach Mike Brennan said, according to the press release. "I thought [Kevin] Panzer did a good job in the second half, making a few shots; making a few posts moves and having some success in there."

Senior forward Panzer scored 16 points along with two three-pointers and six rebounds. Senior guard John Schoof led the team in scoring, chipping in 19 points on 7-10 shooting and an impressive 5-6 from three-point range. He also chipped in three assists and three steals. Senior guard Jesse Reed added to the Eagles’ success with 14 points and even rebounds.

The Eagles held Presbyterian to a season low 38 points and defense.

AU shot 48.9 perent from the field (22-45), and shot an 56 percent in the second half.

mholt@theeagleonline.com